Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2006, 10:03 AM

1,611 posts, read 4,848,202 times

Advertisements

Wake Forest Rolesville Middle & Rolesville Elementary
We were hoping for magnet or year round
Does any one know what we can expect?

Do they have foreign language instruction?
Lab science?
The web sites are not too specific.
How about safety & the overall "feel" of the school?
Any info would be appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2006, 10:37 AM
JAS

582 posts, read 2,041,725 times
Default website

You can go to ncreportcard.org for some statistics about every public school in NC. Go to the "snapshot" section when you select a school and it gives # of students, test score summaries, racial composition, etc.

That website, however, won't address some of the questions that you appear to have about a school's curriculum.

Old 04-25-2006, 03:21 PM

2,290 posts, read 5,545,413 times
For what it's worth, we've got our kids in an "online virtual charter school" for all of their core subjects, and then take their elective courses at the local public school. We've (we think) maximized the learning and minimized the distraction of socializing. We plan to do the same thing once we move to NC.

So for those parents who are extremely fortunate enough to have a parent at home, you might want to consider this alternative. I used to be dead set against anything that wreeked of homeschooling, but seeing the difference in how my kids learn without the uncontrollable distractions at school, made me a believer. It also gives us more flexibility in where we decided to live in NC.

Old 04-25-2006, 03:49 PM

well I did check out the report card site and the individual school sites. I also emailed the district office, & they said they didn't think there was much offerrred, but to call the schools. It is upsetting b/c the magnet schools offer so much. I wonder what percentage of kids get in?

Old 04-25-2006, 08:12 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,591,207 times
What can you expect? You can expect that your kids won't be going to those schools for too long and will likely end up getting redistricted within the next 2-3 years. Hopefully it won't be a school too far away... but they do like to do that (living in the Wake Forest area... ask any of your neighbors who have lived here for at least a year about the "Dobois" controversy. Fists will fly.

Old 04-26-2006, 06:34 PM

Default DuBois

I am still on Long Island & my husband finds the guys at work do not talk too much about school.
I read about DuBois on the online N & O site, a rosy story, but reading between the lines, tons of people pulled their kids & went to private schools instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
View detailed profiles of: