Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 04:19 PM

88 posts, read 55,921 times

Advertisements

At the state level, they removed Charlotte's overreaching ordinance which dictated to private property owners how to run their bathrooms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2017, 04:39 PM

3,909 posts, read 2,122,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcernedCitizenClinton View Post
At the state level, they removed Charlotte's overreaching ordinance which dictated to private property owners how to run their bathrooms.
If you were as your SN is, you would take some time and read statistics on cities who have the same ordinance and also take the time to reread HB2, which in itself, invalidates everything you said. So many scarecrows being thrown up today!

Old 03-27-2017, 05:15 PM

88 posts, read 55,921 times
I'm no longer concerned over clinton

Old 03-27-2017, 05:34 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,402,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
But, the government does have the right to mandate bathroom policies at the state level? That makes no sense.
HB2 allows private businesses to make their own decisions. It is odd that you are talking about this bill but don't understand what it does.

Old 03-27-2017, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
I've been a woman for a year more than you. No plans to change, either. I also don't care if a trans woman uses the lady's room..
i never said all woman are opposed to it. You don't speak for all women simply because you are a woman so pointing out that you are a woman is irrelevant.

Old 03-27-2017, 05:41 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,529,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
i never said all woman are opposed to it. You don't speak for all women simply because you are a woman so pointing out that you are a woman is irrelevant.
But you criticized a man for having an opinion about HB2, so I guess, according to you, no men or women can have opinions? What does that make you? Androgenous? That would be rich!

Old 03-27-2017, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadpony View Post
But you criticized a man for having an opinion about HB2, so I guess, according to you, no men or women can have opinions? What does that make you? Androgenous? That would be rich!
i never said a man can't have an opinion.

I was being called a bigot so I pointed out he's a man telling women and little girls that they got to feel comfortable with something because he is.

Another wild accusation by a Democrat on this topic. Who saw that coming.

Old 03-27-2017, 10:01 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,529,957 times
Quote:

I was being called a bigot so I pointed out he's a man telling women and little girls that they got to feel comfortable with something because he is.

Exactly true to form... you are wrongly assuming that anyone who disagrees with you is a Democrat. I am not a registered Democrat, and, with the present state of American politics, not particularly enamoured with any of the major parties.

Old 03-28-2017, 07:16 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,028,251 times
Quote:
HB2 allows private businesses to make their own decisions. It is odd that you are talking about this bill but don't understand what it does.
Quote:

I understand what is does, I'm questioning why we need government to create legislation around bathrooms AT ALL. It's ludicrous... and let's not pretend that is all HB2 does. For the supposed "small government" party, I don't get why anyone would stand for this crap. More laws is not what we need.

Your assumption that everyone who disagrees with you or the current legislature is "a Democrat" is the root cause of the vast majority of issues going on in this country right now. I don't associate with either party because our government is completely out of control. It doesn't represent the people, it represents ideology and special interests.

Until you take a step back and realize that every person doesn't fit neatly into 2 buckets (GOP or Dem), you will never see the big picture and continue to blindly follow this ideological mess we have in Raleigh. You're too busy rooting for "your team" and against the "other team" to see what this is really about... it is not about protecting women or girls. I mean do we really need a law for everything? Have we lost all common sense?

Old 03-28-2017, 03:11 PM

3,909 posts, read 2,122,032 times
Looks like less than 48 hours remaining to repeal HB2 or no more NCAA games for awhile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina