U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2019, 02:09 PM

8,204 posts, read 9,134,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjyop View Post
I grew up in Burlington, NC and I have family in ENC so I can relate. The problem with N.C. is that everything is small. Small mountains, small cities, small beaches, small landscapes. It can be good but nothing is impressive. People in N.C. are nice but they aren’t well travelled. NC lacks culture and companies HQd here. Name 1 food that is unique to N.C. besides barbecue. Name some big companies with HQs here besides BoA. Name any famous people from N.C. besides Billy Graham. Name a famous musician from N.C. We do have the best college basketball. Charlotte and Raleigh are cities for transplants. Because of NC’s lack of culture, it was easy for the transplants to move here and take over the big cities. I see North Carolinians as very narrow minded. But I will take a southerner over most Americans any day. People from the Midwest are ok. The Yankees have ruined our big cities. Oh well. Sigh.
10/10 post. Would read again.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2019, 02:20 PM

2,064 posts, read 1,204,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
10/10 post. Would read again.
You are being sarcastic aren't you?

Old 08-07-2019, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Teach View Post
You are being sarcastic aren't you?
Nope, I am totally serious

Yes, I was being sarcastic

Old 08-07-2019, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Nope, I am totally serious

Yes, I was being sarcastic
Whats up with the white text?

Old 08-07-2019, 03:28 PM

I mean, I figured it was pretty easy to tell my post was sarcastic.

Old 08-07-2019, 04:09 PM

Quote:
I mean, I figured it was pretty easy to tell my post was sarcastic.
Ok, maybe my sarcasm detector is malfunctioning. Since one can't detect tone on the internet, I find it helpful to add some type of indicator of sarcasm or joking to posts. In any event, a simple "yes" would have been appropriate, sufficient, and more appreciated.

Last edited by Edward Teach; 08-07-2019 at 04:21 PM..

Old 08-07-2019, 04:53 PM

10,602 posts, read 21,154,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjyop View Post
Name any famous people from N.C. besides Billy Graham. Name a famous musician from N.C.
Roberta Flack
Nina Simone
The Connells
Fantasia
Scotty McCreery

Others:
Michael Jordan
Andy Griffith
David & Amy Sedaris
Emily Proctor
Michael C Hall

I could go on but I need to go somewhere--most of these are just from Raleigh...

Old 08-30-2019, 05:30 AM

1 posts, read 391 times
I've lived in 4 states and NC is by far the worse state that I've lived in. I've traveled to, or through 33 states, so I have been around.

I moved here from Arizona due to my elderly parents relocating here. Since then, I've had a son. I'll be here for another 15 years and then I'll be moving back to AZ.

Why does NC suck?

1) Not all, but many of the people are still hung up on the Civil War. It's ridiculous. Sure, I'm a "Yankee". But my blood came across the pond in the late 1800's, so my "grandpappy" didn't "beat up" their "grandpappy". Grow up. Slavery was a terrible part of American history. I'm glad the North won the war. It made America a better place.

2) The weather. Humid in the summer. Cold in the winter. The weather overall sucks here.

3) The Southern dialect. I live in the eastern part of this state. People need to learn how to speak proper English. Backwood Rednecks.

4) Look, there's litter bugs in every state. But the trash dumped everywhere is disgusting. End of story.

5) The crime. A town of 20,000 has a higher crime rate than Phoenix. Let that sink in.

6) The food. NC BBQ is terrible.

I could go on....

Old 08-30-2019, 05:35 AM

36,084 posts, read 34,388,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHATENC View Post
I've lived in 4 states and NC is by far the worse state that I've lived in. I've traveled to, or through 33 states, so I have been around.

I moved here from Arizona due to my elderly parents relocating here. Since then, I've had a son. I'll be here for another 15 years and then I'll be moving back to AZ.

Why does NC suck?

1) Not all, but many of the people are still hung up on the Civil War. It's ridiculous. Sure, I'm a "Yankee". But my blood came across the pond in the late 1800's, so my "grandpappy" didn't "beat up" their "grandpappy". Grow up. Slavery was a terrible part of American history. I'm glad the North won the war. It made America a better place.

2) The weather. Humid in the summer. Cold in the winter. The weather overall sucks here.

3) The Southern dialect. I live in the eastern part of this state. People need to learn how to speak proper English. Backwood Rednecks.

4) Look, there's litter bugs in every state. But the trash dumped everywhere is disgusting. End of story.

5) The crime. A town of 20,000 has a higher crime rate than Phoenix. Let that sink in.

I could go on....
Please don't wait 15 years to leave a place you hate so strongly.

Old 08-30-2019, 06:12 AM

606 posts, read 404,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHATENC View Post

Why does NC suck?

I could go on....
God, I couldn't imagine being in an area for ANOTHER 15 years that I absolutely hated. Life is toooo short for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina