U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2020, 11:19 AM

2,225 posts, read 763,646 times

Advertisements

North Carolina is a major SANCTUARY CITY haven..We have a governor with a history of not enforcing the immigration laws .To me this hurts the citizens of our state.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2020, 10:06 AM

3,279 posts, read 3,012,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr78609 View Post
North Carolina is a major SANCTUARY CITY haven..We have a governor with a history of not enforcing the immigration laws .To me this hurts the citizens of our state.
I'll bet you that the state benefits more from these hard workers doing the jobs that no natives will do though.

All in all I see the Latinos in rural areas of NC as being very grateful and appreciative to be here. They shine a light on many things that we take for granted.

I do support enforcing our border and immigration laws just like every other country.

I think citizenship or green card status should be granted to those willing to complete many community service hours and/or a large lump sum payment that is paid off in 10-15 years.

If they contribute to the betterment of the US, then it's not a one-sided drain on our safety net services.

Old 05-09-2020, 10:19 AM
Status: "On extremists'/conspiracy theorists' ignore list" (set 2 days ago)

5,754 posts, read 3,476,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by architect77 View Post
All in all I see the Latinos in rural areas of NC as being very grateful and appreciative to be here. They shine a light on many things that we take for granted.
Is there a reason you say this specifically in rural areas? Is that somehow different in urban and suburban areas of NC? I'm not trying to disagree or argue with you but I'm just curious about why that particular wording was chosen.

Old 05-10-2020, 11:33 AM

3,279 posts, read 3,012,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
Is there a reason you say this specifically in rural areas? Is that somehow different in urban and suburban areas of NC? I'm not trying to disagree or argue with you but I'm just curious about why that particular wording was chosen.
]

That is what I see in the Latino community in Franklin County and Louisburg, NC.

Everyone's favorite restaurants are Mexican food, owned, operated and staffed by very friendly and professional-acting Latinos and Latinas.

They work hard and do some manual labor that's necessary but no one wants to tackle.

I haven't observed the ones living in the cities of NC.

Perhaps it's a small-town quality. Basically half the world's population feels comfortable in small-town rural settings and the other half feels comfortable in cities.

I guess the Latinos in Atlanta are also friendly and seemingly grateful for what America offers.

It was wonderful living in NYC where half of your co-workers and friends hail from other parts of the world.

They constantly reminded you of the many things we take for granted as Americans and don't appreciate.

Old 05-10-2020, 04:53 PM
Status: "On extremists'/conspiracy theorists' ignore list" (set 2 days ago)

5,754 posts, read 3,476,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by architect77 View Post
]

That is what I see in the Latino community in Franklin County and Louisburg, NC.

Everyone's favorite restaurants are Mexican food, owned, operated and staffed by very friendly and professional-acting Latinos and Latinas.

They work hard and do some manual labor that's necessary but no one wants to tackle.

I haven't observed the ones living in the cities of NC.

Perhaps it's a small-town quality. Basically half the world's population feels comfortable in small-town rural settings and the other half feels comfortable in cities.

I guess the Latinos in Atlanta are also friendly and seemingly grateful for what America offers.

It was wonderful living in NYC where half of your co-workers and friends hail from other parts of the world.

They constantly reminded you of the many things we take for granted as Americans and don't appreciate.
Okay. Thank you for the clarification. That brings up the point that there is often a larger urban-rural divide (culturally and economically) in North Carolina (as there is other states) than there is between people of different ethnic backgrounds.

Old 05-11-2020, 09:28 AM

6,043 posts, read 11,011,448 times
Retired in coastal, Eastern NC and loving it.

But when I was your age, I lived in a small town elsewhere and couldn't wait to spread my wings and head for the bright lights big city. Great job opportunities. Lots of cultural and entertainment offerings...perfect for me for 30 plus years...

That's what you might need to do, too.

A lot depends on your age and your desire for employment and entertainment opportunities. Might be time for you to go and explore..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina