Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which suburb for the Development Job (Java, etc)
Raleigh 3 50.00%
Cary 1 16.67%
Charlotte 2 33.33%
Alpharetta 1 16.67%
Other 1 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2018, 12:12 PM

6,344 posts, read 4,405,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterboy526 View Post
You must be hanging out a lot with our poster, Capital Blvd
Dont even compare me to him! Im not all about tinderboxes buddy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2018, 12:24 AM

3,866 posts, read 4,276,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kishan_the_finder View Post
It looks like RTP / Raleigh seems to be better than Alpharetta. I do not want to commute to Atlanta from burbs. So I guess Raleigh would be a good fit.

I heard summer is pretty hot and humid in NC. Don't know about Atlanta.
The south is hot and humid during the summer and Atlanta is dead smack in the heart of the south.

Old 05-19-2018, 01:42 AM

617 posts, read 551,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kishan_the_finder View Post
It looks like RTP / Raleigh seems to be better than Alpharetta. I do not want to commute to Atlanta from burbs. So I guess Raleigh would be a good fit.

I heard summer is pretty hot and humid in NC. Don't know about Atlanta.
I’ve lived in both, the summers are pretty much the same. Maybe a degree or two warmer in GA.

Old 05-19-2018, 04:53 AM

6,344 posts, read 4,405,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC2ATL60 View Post
I’ve lived in both, the summers are pretty much the same. Maybe a degree or two warmer in GA.
On average because of raleighs lower elevation, we are a bit more humid and hotter than atlanta... but we are talking decimals here.

Old 05-24-2018, 12:05 PM

56 posts, read 37,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
On average because of raleighs lower elevation, we are a bit more humid and hotter than atlanta... but we are talking decimals here.
Good to know. I assumed NC is even hotter than ATL (at least thats how city-data forum portrayed).

Old 05-24-2018, 02:59 PM

1,541 posts, read 1,675,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC2ATL60 View Post
The poster is asking about the burbs, which within the Atlanta area, Alpharetta is considered the tech epicenter and up until recently Midtown is making huge strides in that department (think Tech Square). The overall Atlanta area has more tech jobs but that is due to it being an overall much larger area. Tech jobs in Raleigh per capita are on a much greater level than Atlanta, I guess that is where you are coming from.

However, if RTP lands Apple, it will cement Raleigh as the east coast silicon valley
Yeah I feel you. I definitely hope Raleigh lands Apple. That will probably solidify me never leaving the area.

I just know I had a lot easier time finding tech gigs/contracts/jobs in Raleigh than Atlanta. That was the main reason for my response.

Old 05-24-2018, 04:50 PM

617 posts, read 551,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones17 View Post
Yeah I feel you. I definitely hope Raleigh lands Apple. That will probably solidify me never leaving the area.

I just know I had a lot easier time finding tech gigs/contracts/jobs in Raleigh than Atlanta. That was the main reason for my response.
Oh yeah! I could definitely see that, it would propel Raleigh to a new level IMO. I enjoy the hustle and bustle of Atlanta but I could see myself returning to the Triangle in a few years and I’m absolutely sure it would feel a ton busier by then. I would probably feel right at home again haha.

And yeah I could see you getting tech jobs easier in Raleigh. Atlanta is growing gang busters in tech right now, but I’m sure it is much easier and quicker to land a tech job in Raleigh due to the percentage of the jobs IT makes up.

Old 05-25-2018, 12:41 PM

56 posts, read 37,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones17 View Post

In IT, which specific area you are in? Development?
I am trying to understand, if one type of IT jobs are available more than other types. (unless this question is dumb )

For ex: Development, Network Admin, Project Managers, Data Scientists, etc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina