Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 02:26 PM

2 posts, read 2,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
Hmm, if you love Boston, I'm not sure the cost of living or weather will be enough of push. Being single in Boston is pretty fun, lots to do, see, go, etc. However if you REALLY gotta get out and it's become a dread to wake up every day there (i.e., like it was for me), then I would say Charlotte. If I were single though, and totally my opinion, I would explore Northern VA or DC. Lots of stuff going on there, the weather is milder, but unfortunately housing cost is still high...
VA/MD/DC were my first choices because I've visited numerous times and it reminds me of home. But the cost of living in those places are just as high, if not higher than Boston.

So I figured I had to go just a little further south and that's NC. I don't want to move any further than that.

I'm not really a party animal, so having lots of bars and night clubs is not that important to me.

I like to do laid back stuff like go to poetry slams, go to see live jazz, go out to eat, etc.

And I'm sure that I can network online and meet interesting people as well as meeting people at work or once I make some friends, we will have little gatherings like my friends and I do here and that's also a great way to meet new people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2006, 11:14 AM

18 posts, read 65,710 times
I'm from southcoast MA and Iam looking to move down too. Although we are waiting for about two years till I finish cardiac ultrasound school. I heard the Mooresville, Kannapolis, Statesville are is nice! I'm just worried about finding a job once we get down there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina