Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 01:29 PM

693 posts, read 2,760,471 times

Advertisements

Oh boy as much as I avoided i finally came down with the cold/flu that is going around in NC. Anyone else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2006, 01:51 PM

1,638 posts, read 3,830,572 times
YES!!! My 7 y.o. is deathly ill with it right now. Lemme guess....starts with a high fever and a headache....progresses to a sore throat and runny nose....horrible chills, more high fever...sound familiar?

I took my daughter to the pediatrician who said there isn't any actual confirmed cases of the flu here yet but that there was 1 virus going around that was VERY similar to the flu and just as miserable!

Old 12-06-2006, 01:53 PM

653 posts, read 2,986,475 times
Default Airborne!

My son had it the weekend after Thanksgiving and ended up on antibiotics because it settled into his ears. This is a kid who never, ever got ear infections. The rest of us drank Airbornes for several days, and my daughter never got it, my husband had one night of coughing, and he was fine, and I was a little congested first thing in the morning for two days, now we're all fine.

I swear by it - I don't know how it works, it tastes like orange Alka Seltzer, but it works.

Old 12-06-2006, 01:55 PM

653 posts, read 2,986,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaylahc View Post
YES!!! My 7 y.o. is deathly ill with it right now. Lemme guess....starts with a high fever and a headache....progresses to a sore throat and runny nose....horrible chills, more high fever...sound familiar?

I took my daughter to the pediatrician who said there isn't any actual confirmed cases of the flu here yet but that there was 1 virus going around that was VERY similar to the flu and just as miserable!
Whoa, wait, that's not what we had - I think my son just had a really bad cold/cough thing.
So sorry about your daughter!

Old 12-06-2006, 08:38 PM

2,187 posts, read 8,005,206 times
We had/have something but different. We vomited for 12 hours and are now left with a cough and congested chest. Went to the Dr today and she said it is viral. I just have started to feel like I have to clear my throat all the time so I am pumping in the airborne too!

Old 12-07-2006, 05:31 AM

1,540 posts, read 5,562,426 times
I am around alot of different people, and haven't heard anything yet about anyone getting the flu. I'm sorry to all of you who have already experienced this. I would think it is a bit earlyfor all that mess. Take Care and get well soon.

Debbie

Old 02-17-2009, 05:08 PM

1 posts, read 17,334 times
Oh gosh I had a horriable sore throat and a small fever then a really bad cough and runny nose and sneezing....now my parents have had the same thing twice one right after the other they would start to get better the almost relaps,only they had a worse fever and no sore throat so i dont know what is going around but its very nasty im just happy my husband dident get it!

Old 02-17-2009, 05:18 PM

675 posts, read 1,832,554 times
Yeah, I was knocked on my rear end with it a few weekends ago after a business trip. Something about being in a hermetically sealed aluminum tube promotes the spread of germs. I think.

Old 02-17-2009, 05:35 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,815,051 times
My daughter caught it and she hardly ever gets sick. She went down and stayed down with this flu. Even had hallucinations with it. Very scary. The rest of us were washing hands, bleaching everything in sight and just staying out of the way. It took her two weeks to get better. So far so good for the rest of us, but now that I've written this, we'll all be sick tomorrow.

Old 02-17-2009, 07:07 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,394,616 times
After six weeks, I am getting better but still have some leftover affects. Wife still has some after 5 weeks. A woman I work with is still dealing with it in a major way after 8 weeks. NASTY stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina