Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2018, 04:39 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,516,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
Charlotte is a bigger city than Raleigh.

If you decided to extend Raleigh city limits to include all of Virginia, Charlotte’s gonna still be the larger city in reality despite officially being smaller on paper. Durham added to the MSA, Durham not added, city limit sizes, etc aren’t going to change my views of which city is bigger in reality.

I don’t need Atlanta to change its city limit for me to know it’s way bigger than Jacksonville.

That, and just think about what you guys are saying. “The Triangle is multi-nodal” — Even if the metros for equal in size, in theory, Charlotte should still be a larger city than Raleigh due to the RTP and Durham splintering off development.

And also, you don’t even have to look at numbers or GDP or statistics to realize which is bigger. I don’t know who goes to each and thinks “I really need to see the GDP of each city before I determine which is larger.”

It’s just a point of view I will never understand. Raleigh MSA + Durham MSA would still be less than 2million compared to Charlotte’s near 2.5 million. And add in the fact that Charlotte doesn’t have a Durham. Raleigh has a Durham. Charlotte has Gastonia, lol.

It’s smaller. Combined MSA, separate MSA. Whatever boundaries you want to create. At the end of the day. One is bigger than the other. That’s not to say they’re not peer cities.

Is any of this the point of “THIS” thread? Can we please stay on topic? How about for once you don’t try to bring Charlotte vs Raleigh in the back door,as you so often try to do.

Charlotte is bigger than Raleigh and the rest of N.C.. I’ll be in Charlotte on Christmas. Can you drop off a bag of whatever you’re smoking. That’s some good sh**!!!!

Old 12-02-2018, 05:07 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,389,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post
Is any of this the point of “THIS” thread? Can we please stay on topic? How about for once you don’t try to bring Charlotte vs Raleigh in the back door,as you so often try to do.

Charlotte is bigger than Raleigh and the rest of N.C.. I’ll be in Charlotte on Christmas. Can you drop off a bag of whatever you’re smoking. That’s some good sh**!!!!

I didn’t start the conversation. I responded that Austin is a valid comparison to Raleigh.

And then someone doesn’t understand how Charlotte is bigger than Raleigh and asked for an explanation.

No one really needs you as a moderator. Because quite frankly, you wouldn’t make a very good one. Nor would your alter egos which I’m sure here shortly will join in

Old 12-02-2018, 05:17 PM

6,799 posts, read 7,372,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Y View Post
1. I never said you said Raleigh has no tech? But you did say "Raleigh doesn't even have all that much tech" in parenthesis with the fact that most of RTP is in Durham county. As if to say RTP is Durham's. Which again is not how the Triangle works. RTP is an unincorporated area. It benefits Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill etc equally. As someone that has a lot of knowledge about North Carolina, I know you know that.
Good lord, relax. Its ok. I'm not putting down Raleigh, ok?

Quote:
2. The reality of tech employment in RTP is 1/4 of the land is in Wake county and the other 3/4 are in Durham. That's it. But that's not the reality of tech employment throughout the Triangle. Lots of tech throughout almost all parts of the Triangle. So not sure how that's "merely pointing out the reality of tech employment in the triangle" to you.

Quote:
Fighting over a false reality is silly I agree.
Then stop.

Old 12-02-2018, 06:44 PM

1,141 posts, read 1,032,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post

Then stop.
Sure thing buckaroo

Old 12-02-2018, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Sure thing buckaroo
What does that mean? You actually think my posts were meant to denigrate Raleigh? Seriously? I mean, that just boggles the mind. Look, the Triangle area has about 60,000 tech jobs. How many of those do you think are located within the city limits of Raleigh? And of those tech jobs in the city limits of Raleigh, what percentage of all the jobs in Raleigh do you think they represent?

I don't know how else to say it: I'm not putting Raleigh down and there is nothing for you to "fight" with me about. This is ridiculous and silly.

Old 12-02-2018, 06:55 PM

7 posts, read 4,602 times
Quote:

Then stop.

Honestly, it's very obvious what you are trying to insinuate. Idk, maybe this is an issue of miscommunication. IMO, you should use proper board etiquette in the future. Charlotte is a shining example of THE prototypical American city we should make this nation become again. An apology would be much appreciated.

Old 12-02-2018, 06:57 PM

1,141 posts, read 1,032,890 times
Quote:
What does that mean? You actually think my posts were meant to denigrate Raleigh? Seriously? I mean, that just boggles the mind. Look, the Triangle area has about 60,000 tech jobs. How many of those do you think are located within the city limits of Raleigh? And of those tech jobs in the city limits of Raleigh, what percentage of all the jobs in Raleigh do you think they represent?

I don't know how else to say it: I'm not putting Raleigh down and there is nothing for you to "fight" with me about. This is ridiculous and silly.
Then stop.

Old 12-02-2018, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruodAmerikan View Post
Honestly, it's very obvious what you are trying to insinuate. Idk, maybe this is an issue of miscommunication. IMO, you should use proper board etiquette in the future. Charlotte is a shining example of THE prototypical American city we should make this nation become again. An apology would be much appreciated.
Please explain what this means, as I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm not trying to insinuate anything, so what is the obvious insinuation? What board etiquette have I failed to use? Charlotte? What does Charlotte have to do with anything? Nothing I have posted has anything to do with Charlotte. What do I need to apologize for? I'm totally confused. I was literally defending Raleigh and the Triangle.

Old 12-02-2018, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Then stop.
Want to answer my questions? Or do you just want to be unjustifiably pissed off?

Old 12-02-2018, 07:23 PM

7 posts, read 4,602 times
Quote:
Want to answer my questions? Or do you just want to be unjustifiably pissed off?
Exactly what you were trying to insinuate my friend. We don't have to go back and forth. Why are you so ticked off first of all? The topic was development amongst metros, but obviously you became completely unrattled by certain posts. The matter can be completely resolved by an apology from yourself.

The Triangle is a pretty nice metro and I will not allow your posts on the board spoil my personal thoughts about the place. I will not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina