Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2019, 02:56 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,855,619 times

Advertisements

The recent completion of I-140 in Wilmington has its first major job announcement...

https://www.wwaytv3.com/2019/04/05/3...navassa-plant/

I-140 is essentially a US 17 bypass around Wilmington but connects Brunswick County to I-40 in New Hanover County. It really opens up fast growing Brunswick Co for more industrial development.

Old 04-06-2019, 09:41 PM

1,545 posts, read 1,873,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT1985 View Post
Things you do not see about Charlotte,

Photo by Charlotte Observer

One of my favorite greenways to run when I'm in Charlotte visiting fam

Old 04-06-2019, 11:17 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,392,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drrckmtthws View Post
One of my favorite greenways to run when I'm in Charlotte visiting fam
The rail trail is now up there too. A few years ago it wasn’t great. Not enough shade. Not enough scenery. But with all the improvements, developments, etc it’s so awesome to run.

Also, I love the greenway that goes from the panthers stadium wrapping around 277 to Frazier dog park along the Irwin creek greenway. Those 3 were among my favorite places.

North Meck District Park Bike trail was probably my overall favorite in the county to walk/run. Jetton Park & the dog park/swimming area also was another favorite.

I never was a big fan of the big park over near the university area or Latta.

Born in ‘92, growing up when I was like 5, I loved going to walk at the airport with my mom. Carve your name into the trees, Jump around on the workout things. Obviously when they constructed the new runway it was all tore down.

Also loved growing up I think somewhere Mathews-ish area, there was a long greenway that connected multiple apartment complexes.

Ballantyne has a great greenway system that is very long and goes through some swampy areas.

I absolutely love greenways. My favorite things to do.

Old 04-07-2019, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post

I absolutely love greenways. My favorite things to do.

Same here, Cary gets a lotta flack but it's central location and it's greenway system is awesome. 2nd longest system in NC and very well connected. Over 80 miles(before adding the bridge over lake crabtree extended that greenway past evens rd.

https://youtu.be/Hnua1DoHsiQ

This video is so corny lol but the greenway in the beginning is one of my favorites, and my house is connected right to the bond park greenway which connects the black creek greenway and white oak greenway, which connects to the American tobacco trail, which will take you clean into downtown durham, you can bike for miles and miles and miles and maybe only have to cross the street twice.
Neuse River Greenway in Raleigh is another one of my favorites this one is a good 30 miles long

Last edited by drrckmtthws; 04-07-2019 at 03:30 PM..

Old 04-07-2019, 06:16 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,392,806 times
So to RDU posters.

Any cool restaurants with a nice urban vibe to check out? My friend from Raleigh is such a suburbanite but when we met in CLT, I got him to prefer cities. So he goes everywhere I’ve taken him in CLT and by his work (in BofA uptown) so I assume for Raleigh, though he’s from there, he might not know the best places maybe.

Prefer a vibe to NoDa/Montford/Plaza-Midwood in CLT or 14th Street DuPont/Adams Morgan/U Street among a few in DC. Basically for those not familiar with either city, basically an urban vibe, maybe some grafitti art on some buildings, etc.

Also any nice spots open way late on a Friday night? Not real clubby but a laid back bar? But it closes too early and I prefer a healthier place for eating thag early. Darn.

Morgan food hall good? Can anyone compare it to 7th St. Market in uptown CLT?v

Pit Authentic BBQ, Videri & BoxCar look like a promising trio in an enjoyable area? Videri doesn’t look great. Anyone familiar with Amelies in CLT and perhaps an equivalent? It’s a French Bakery but it’s a very hangout type vibe.

Big Ed’s city market looks fabulous too

Last edited by Charlotte485; 04-07-2019 at 06:35 PM..

Old 04-07-2019, 07:05 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,439,273 times
All the parks & Green ways are under Mecklenburg County Parks & Rec.

Old 04-07-2019, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
So to RDU posters.

Any cool restaurants with a nice urban vibe to check out? My friend from Raleigh is such a suburbanite but when we met in CLT, I got him to prefer cities. So he goes everywhere I’ve taken him in CLT and by his work (in BofA uptown) so I assume for Raleigh, though he’s from there, he might not know the best places maybe.

Prefer a vibe to NoDa/Montford/Plaza-Midwood in CLT or 14th Street DuPont/Adams Morgan/U Street among a few in DC. Basically for those not familiar with either city, basically an urban vibe, maybe some grafitti art on some buildings, etc.

Also any nice spots open way late on a Friday night? Not real clubby but a laid back bar? But it closes too early and I prefer a healthier place for eating thag early. Darn.

Morgan food hall good? Can anyone compare it to 7th St. Market in uptown CLT?v

Pit Authentic BBQ, Videri & BoxCar look like a promising trio in an enjoyable area? Videri doesn’t look great. Anyone familiar with Amelies in CLT and perhaps an equivalent? It’s a French Bakery but it’s a very hangout type vibe.

Big Ed’s city market looks fabulous too

I have been to 7th Street and can say Morgan Street to me is better and has more options. Also check out Trading Co Food Hall(2nd food hall on the opposite end of Davie St.) Morgan St. Pit, Videri, and BoxCar are all in the warehouse district, so even if you do end up eating at the Pit, you can hit up the Bar at Morgan St and get something light if you still have room.

If you have never had the greatness that is Bulgogi or Korean Fried Chicken try out Seoul 116 on west st not to far from Glenwood south

(Bulgogi Sliders)

(Korean Fried Chicken wings...it's saucy but still crispy and delicious)

I'm going to follow this up with suggesting a vegan restaurant lol Fiction Kitchen is the truth. it's on Dawson St which is not that far from the Pit and the Boxcar. Half the people that go are not even vegan the food is just that damn good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIe8SnjTdxo&t=149s

chicken in waffles is good but you can in fact tell it's not chicken but the vegan bbq taste as good as any bbq joint NO LIE the burger is the absolute truth too

how it actually looks too when you get it.

It's popular but it's good, Beasley's Chicken and Honey on Wilmington St. Try the Carolina Reaper Hot Chicken Sandwich if you can handle something that is actually hot(some places hot chicken just isn't hot enough at all for me)

can't really go wrong with the Chicken and Waffles

You can Try Brewery Bhavana on blount st. Not too far from city market where Big Eds is

I can keep going but just explore what you can of course you not going to get to go every where in one trip but since you said you wanted to Hit up North Hills too, they are actually really close, from glenwood south just stay on glenwood ave which will take you to five points, follow glenwood to anderson and it will take you right there.

https://www.newsobserver.com/living/...226895399.html

https://www.transfercofoodhall.com/#meet-our-vendors

Last edited by drrckmtthws; 04-07-2019 at 11:33 PM..

Old 04-08-2019, 04:21 AM

4,159 posts, read 2,846,281 times
Videri doesn’t look great? I can’t tell if you are facetiously asking about Raleigh or being serious. I’ll mention Tower Escape Room at the old water tower, though I’m positive it’s not as good as the one in Charlotte’s water tower which is probably 100 years older and three times as tall.

Old 04-08-2019, 06:08 AM

7,190 posts, read 6,819,674 times
City Approves Agreement For Further Downtown Improvements - Goldsboro Daily NewsGoldsboro Daily News

Old 04-08-2019, 06:51 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,855,619 times
One of the largest employers in eastern NC is investing $74 million into its Greenville NC facility...

https://www.wraltechwire.com/2019/04...e-74m-upgrade/

The plant currently employs over 1200. Its been reported that Thermo Fisher is spending another $76 million in two facilities in Italy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina