Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2019, 11:52 AM

7,190 posts, read 6,823,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP91 View Post
Nice to see places like Goldsboro and Kinston getting these types of projects done. Sorely needed.
“Sorely needed” is an understatement. The downtown area of Goldsboro looked horrible before the first phase of the Streetscape project kicked off in 2013. It looks much better now and isn’t dead anymore. Other areas of the city could still use a good sprucing up, though.

I’ve only seen downtown Kinston a couple of times many years ago, but I don’t doubt that it was way overdue for some serious TLC.

Old 08-13-2019, 06:31 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,439,755 times
he next A concourse expansion
Another 10 gates

Old 08-14-2019, 01:17 PM

1,545 posts, read 1,874,252 times
https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle...-triangle.html
Quote:
A 120-acre property in Holly Spring may soon be the site of one of the region’s latest mixed-use developments, with plans for a walkable campus complete with commercial, residential and medical space

Old 08-14-2019, 01:18 PM

3,661 posts, read 3,938,682 times
I bet all will be short towers 30 floors or less.

I like it, a broad uniform skyline will be different and memorable.

I will upload some boring highway videos later.

All of Raleigh's freeways have embarrassingly faded overhead signs with the letters fading away on I-540 and the Beltline.

Charlotte has all brand new overhead signs on I-85 throughout Metrolina.

In Raleigh's News & Observer this week, it says NCDOT has spent all its money on Hurricane Florence and is laying off hundreds of contract workers.

CDCBD030-2DE6-47A6-84C8-6F225A0E221D by Stephen Edwards, on Flickr

Old 08-14-2019, 01:26 PM

1,545 posts, read 1,874,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by architect77 View Post
I bet all will be short towers 30 floors or less.

I like it, a broad uniform skyline will be different and memorable.

I will upload some boring highway videos later.

All of Raleigh's freeways have embarrassingly faded overhead signs with the letters fading away on I-540 and the Beltline.

Charlotte has all brand new overhead signs on I-85 throughout Metrolina.

In Raleigh's News & Observer this week, it says NCDOT has spent all its money on Hurricane Florence and is laying off hundreds of contract workers.

CDCBD030-2DE6-47A6-84C8-6F225A0E221D by Stephen Edwards, on Flickr
https://www.wraltechwire.com/2019/07...s-the-lowdown/
went digging so this is from a article last month
Quote:
1. 301 Hillsborough

This proposed structure is a 20-story office and residential building located on 301 Hillsborough Street, owned by the Fallon Company.

“The Fallon Company intends to redevelop the site into a large-scale mixed-use project that will include a combination of office, hospitality, multi-family and retail uses,” stated the company’s website. “The first phase of the project will consist of an approximately 300,000-square-foot Class A office building with complementary retail at street level. This phase is expected to break ground in the fall of 2019.”

2. The Nexus

California developer the Acquisition Group bought the downtown Raleigh former headquarters of The News & Observer for $22 million in 2017. In partnership with East West Partners, the company plans to redevelop the 1.5 million-square-foot site, deemed the Nexus, into a multi-use building that will feature office and residential space, retail and more.

Development plans include a 325,000-square-foot, 20-story office tower that will face Salisbury Street with ground floor retail. The first phase of development is slated for a 2021 completion.

3. Smoky Hollow

Located at 413 Harrington Street, this mixed-use space will feature 450 residential units and 225,000 square feet of office space, with ground floor retail.

Under the care of developer Kane Realty Corporation, the nine-story building is in Phase II of its development, bringing more residential and office space to the Glenwood South neighborhood of downtown Raleigh.

4. The Edge

Formerly known as The Edison Office site, Edge is located at 313 Wilmington Street and will be at least 19 stories of office space. H

ighwoods Properties, Raleigh’s largest commercial developer and owner of office spaces, finalized the acquisition in 2016. Edge will sit directly across from the city’s tallest building — the 33-story PNC Tower.

Plans and a timeline for development have yet to be announced.

5. Two Glenwood

Two Glenwood, also referred to as Tower Two at Bloc[83] is located at 607 W. Morgan Street. The 275,000-square-foot, 10-story building, will be used for Class A office and retail.

Located at the intersection of two of downtown Raleigh’s most prominent streets — Glenwood Avenue and Hillsborough Street — the building’s locale will make it a premier spot for work and play. Development under Heritage Properties, Inc. begins this summer and will follow the finalization of its sister structure, One Glenwood, which is slated for a 2019 opening later this winter.

Old 08-15-2019, 01:57 PM

Cabinet maker to bring HQ, manufacturing facility and 200-plus jobs to Charlotte region

A U.S. cabinet maker will move its production to Lancaster County from China and establish its headquarters in a former Duracell building in that county.

Adornus Cabinetry, which makes stylish frameless cabinets and other products for the home, will spend $10 million on the project and hire 210 employees over the next year.

A strong region makes for an even stronger Charlotte.

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlott..._news_headline

Last edited by CLT1985; 08-15-2019 at 02:21 PM..

Old 08-16-2019, 07:06 AM

4,980 posts, read 5,394,499 times
I’m low-key excited to see Raleigh Union Station today.

DC-CLT is useless, expensive and again — useless. And wayyy too long. I mean. Amtrak to Raleigh is still longer than driving from DC to Charlotte but at least ticket prices are worth it.

After looking at some pics online, I wish the station was built more oriented towards the actual train platform.

Old 08-16-2019, 09:17 AM

E-commerce and population growth driving Charlotte’s industrial real estate market

Charlotte’s industrial market continues to see strong momentum through the first half of 2019, and with healthy rates of absorption and rental growth despite record levels of new development, it remains the preferred asset class in the Queen City among institutional investors.

Industrial absorption totaled 1.5 million square feet through the first half of 2019, according to JLL research, with just over 1 million in the second quarter alone. The demand for new space is driven in part by the growth of the Carolinas: North and South Carolina both ranked in the top 10 nationally for population growth over the past year, according to the U.S. Census Bureau, and Charlotte is well situated geographically for distribution facilities that can cover both states.

E-commerce has been another major driver of demand and development. At the end of 2018, Amazon received construction permits for its fourth and largest distribution center in the Charlotte region, a 2.5-million-square-foot multistory facility that will be located on 100 acres north of Charlotte Douglas International Airport. A separate 1-million-square-foot distribution facility for Amazon is expected to open this year in Kannapolis

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlott...charlotte.html

Old 08-16-2019, 06:14 PM

Ellis is getting another tower crane

Photo by Urban Cowboy

Old 08-16-2019, 06:24 PM

Night time in the city

Truist & BOA towers looking good.

Photo by Pathb
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina