Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2018, 05:14 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,516,308 times

Advertisements

I've never been to a Wahlburgers. Looking forward to checking out the new one on Fayetteville St soon.

Wahlburgers set to open soon | News & Observer

Old 05-03-2018, 09:10 PM

6,156 posts, read 7,218,316 times
Greensboro - downtown

Proposed Aloft hotel/office building/residential/parking deck across from the ballpark. This is a situation where city staff backed out of the project because developer Roy Carroll's timeline for his tower/hotel on top of the 8 story deck conflicted with the timeline for Project Slugger office building at the ballpark. However city council did not vote to back out. The majority of city council supports this project and is in the proccess of trying to negotiate to get this deck and tower built. The deck would have restaurants on the street level. City staff had a plan B which was to build a stand alone deck nearby to support Project Slugger. City Council doesn't seem to support that and wants to roll with Carroll's project.

Demolishion is underway for the Westin Greensboro Hotel / parking deck.

Project Slugger at the ballpark -

The office building was downsized from 9 stories to 6 stories due to delays with the Carroll deck/hotel/office tower across the street. A future tenant had backed out because of the delays. However the office building developers said it could still be built at 9 stories if they can secure a replacement tenant within 90 days. The buildings tenants would use the deck.

Last edited by gsoboi78; 05-03-2018 at 09:52 PM..

Old 05-03-2018, 09:47 PM

1,141 posts, read 1,032,890 times
Why does Project Slugger look like the only professional rendering? The Westin rendering looks like it should be in an episode of Southpark, and I’ve already voiced how I feel about Carroll’s rendering in the other thread. No good words to describe how much I dislike it. Project Slugger looks solid though and I hope it gets bumped back up to 9 stories.

Old 05-03-2018, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Y View Post
Why does Project Slugger look like the only professional rendering? The Westin rendering looks like it should be in an episode of Southpark, and I’ve already voiced how I feel about Carroll’s rendering in the other thread. No good words to describe how much I dislike it. Project Slugger looks solid though and I hope it gets bumped back up to 9 stories.
After the removal of that weird spire structure, Carroll's tower actually looks a lot better. That massive spire was throwing everything off. There were too many angles going in too many directions. I love Carroll's tower after the change. The Westin rendering was obviously a basic computer generated rendering which always look bad and show very few architectural details that the building may have. It really does look like someone went to Walmart and bought a 3D program and threw that together. The design of this hotel has changed so many times, it may not even be the final final design. This is like the 4th or 5th design. Im pretty sure the building will look better.

But you are right about Project Slugger. Its flawless

Meanwhile the Hyatt Place Hotel and Carroll at Bellemeade Apartments on the opposite corner from Carroll's planned Aloft Hotel/office/residential tower and across the street from future Project Slugger is making process even though its slow.

Project Slugger is going where the grass and baseball are located in the photo.

Last edited by gsoboi78; 05-03-2018 at 10:27 PM..

Old 05-04-2018, 02:49 AM

3,082 posts, read 4,852,030 times
Speaking of a Westin...and Carroll properties, the Wilmington Planning Commission approved the special use permit to build the Avenue, a mixed use neighborhood featuring a Westin in Wilmington. It will be across from Mayfaire Town Center.

http://www.theavenuewilmington.com/w...e-Site-map.pdf

The Westin will have a spa and conference space and have a neighborhood feel to it.

Westin Hotel & Spa | the AVENUE

The Avenue is working with the Landfall neighborhood to have a rear gated private entrance from their neighborhood.

Old 05-04-2018, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP91 View Post
Speaking of a Westin...and Carroll properties, the Wilmington Planning Commission approved the special use permit to build the Avenue, a mixed use neighborhood featuring a Westin in Wilmington. It will be across from Mayfaire Town Center.

http://www.theavenuewilmington.com/w...e-Site-map.pdf

The Westin will have a spa and conference space and have a neighborhood feel to it.

Westin Hotel & Spa | the AVENUE

The Avenue is working with the Landfall neighborhood to have a rear gated private entrance from their neighborhood.
Great that the city approved it. I know city officials in Wilmington were hostel to it at first.

Old 05-04-2018, 07:15 AM

511 posts, read 510,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Y View Post
I dunno. I guess all the good architectural illustrators moved to Charlotte.

The Project Slugger rendering looks good and I like how they have the reflection of Hyatt Place in the windows.

Old 05-04-2018, 07:20 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,438,061 times
Most new buildings look better when built than a creative picture of what it should look like. Some look bad either way.

Old 05-04-2018, 07:47 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,438,061 times
A popular lobster food truck featured on Shark Tank debuts in Charlotte today

What started in 2012 as one food truck in downtown Los Angeles is now regarded as one of the show’s best success stories and has made a home in 15 locations across the country.

“Charlotte is an incredible city with a vibrant and flourishing food scene, and we know they’re excited for Maine lobster,” owner Jim Tselikis said in a statement. “In fact, we’ve been receiving a huge outpouring of excitement from the people of Charlotte, all craving authentic Maine lobster.”

https://www.charlotteagenda.com/1233...-charlotte-nc/

Old 05-04-2018, 08:17 AM

3,082 posts, read 4,852,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Great that the city approved it. I know city officials in Wilmington were hostel to it at first.
Still needs City Council approval in June.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina