Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 02:32 PM

7 posts, read 28,617 times

Advertisements

Hey I am currently revoked from NJ, I need to get my NC license. How do I go about getting it? Please tell me that there is a way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2008, 02:52 PM

5,660 posts, read 26,999,303 times
NCDOT Division of Motor Vehicles: Applying for a Driver License or Learner Permit?

Old 03-20-2008, 04:00 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,859,942 times
I suspect you will have to get your NJ license back before NC will issue you one. NJ probably took it for a reason, NC will be suspicious.

Old 03-20-2008, 06:32 PM

7 posts, read 28,617 times
My NJ is revoked/suspended for driving while suspended because I couldn't afford to make the surcharge payments.

I no longer have the ID card, it was burned when I had an accident. I was burnd over 20 percent of my body and because that happened so soon after moving here my 60 day time limit ran out to have the transfer don so I was also ticketed for that and driving without a license. What kind f fines or time am I looking at in NC?

Old 03-20-2008, 07:20 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times
You will need to take care of all fees and penalties in NJ before applying for a license in NC due it probably yout priors may show up on the database.
You can call the DMV at 919-715-7000 for more detail information.

Old 03-21-2008, 10:08 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,489,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rljolicoeur View Post
My NJ is revoked/suspended for driving while suspended because I couldn't afford to make the surcharge payments.

I no longer have the ID card, it was burned when I had an accident. I was burnd over 20 percent of my body and because that happened so soon after moving here my 60 day time limit ran out to have the transfer don so I was also ticketed for that and driving without a license. What kind f fines or time am I looking at in NC?
i am so sorry to hear that happened to you! i hope you are ok

Old 03-21-2008, 11:16 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,305,220 times
Just a quick question here...We have moved here from CA and both my husband and my self have valid CA driving licences. Hubbie has never had a driving ticket and I have not had any for over 7 years. Both have received good driving certificates. I realize we need to go and get NC driving licences--no problem for me but hubbie is very worried about passing the vision test. His eyes have gotten bad over the past few years. He says he knows he can't pass the vision test. I'm thinking with proper glasses, even with poor eyes he should be able to pass. He can see distances but has problems reading street names and such. Has anyone else had vision problems and have passed the vision tests?

Old 03-21-2008, 11:30 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times
I just went to the DMV last and wow age does cause some effect on your vision.

I kept telling the lady on the screen that there was blank blocks but in reality there was numbers in them apparently my right eye has become not that great.

Have him do this at a normal distance from the pc monitor to close one eye and if he can read the forum he should be ok if he can read with both eyes he may pass.

You can let the examiner know if you have corrective lenses and it will be marked on your NCDL and be required for driving.

The worst case scenario he fails the vision test. All he needs to do is get corrective lenses and take it again.

The street signs in this state are too small in my opinion, thankfully for the invention of GPS

Old 03-22-2008, 09:06 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,526,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Has anyone else had vision problems and have passed the vision tests?
I would say that NC has some lenient vision requirements. Mine is not that great without my glasses, yet I pass the vision test every time. (DMV agents always ask you to try without glasses first, and only if you flunk that part do they check you with your glasses).
The wife can't pass without her glasses, so she has a "restriction" on her license that she must wear hers while driving.

There is a reason behind this, and if someone can't pass with corrective lenses then I don't want them on the same highway I'm on.

I'm sorry, but if your husband *_knows_* he cannot pass the vision test, why is he still driving? Driving is a "privilege", and with that privilege comes responsibilities and liabilities.

Old 03-22-2008, 09:48 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,305,220 times
Oh yes I agree. It's not that he can't see...he sees quite well far away. It's the small writing he has trouble with. You and I both know if he would go to an eye Dr. and get perscription glasses he would pass the test. He hates Dr.s and would rather have me drive then to go. As far as being a safe driver--he is one of the safest and would be the first off the road if he or I felt otherwise. He's never had and accident or driving violation and has been driving 54 years! The last 30 years was in CA Los Angeles area. That is amazing!! He is only concerned about passing the eye test and he should be. He does need perscripition glasses---now to get him to go and get them! He reads fine on the computer with the drug store glasses but he needs to get a perscription. I was only trying to find out how difficult the eye tests were for NC DMV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina