U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2018, 03:12 PM

6 posts, read 3,131 times

Advertisements

Hi. I’m looking for a safe area for myself and 3 kids. Would like to buy a condo, 2+bdrm, 1.5+bath, up to $140,000, with HOA under $200. Would love community pool or public pool. Parks for the kids to play. Good schools are a plus, but not necessary (they’re in public school now, but they’ve been homeschooled before). Water, mountain or anywhere in between is okay. I’m not needing to be in a certain location. Any recommendations? Any areas to avoid? Thank you so much!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2018, 03:56 PM

23,596 posts, read 30,003,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanieRM View Post
Hi. I’m looking for a safe area for myself and 3 kids. Would like to buy a condo, 2+bdrm, 1.5+bath, up to $140,000, with HOA under $200. Would love community pool or public pool. Parks for the kids to play. schools are a plus, but not necessary (they’re in public school now, but they’ve been homeschooled before). Water, mountain or anywhere in between is okay. I’m not needing to be in a certain location. Any recommendations? Any areas to avoid? Thank you so much!
Could you answer such a vague question about your state?

Do you need a job? City or town? Public transportation? Airport access?

Old 02-25-2018, 04:06 PM

I can for the County in which I live. I’m just looking for safe areas in which to look, not every area that fits the criteria. Hoping others have knowledge about areas in NC which I don’t possess. Thanks!

Old 02-25-2018, 04:22 PM

No job needed, I work from home. I don’t know in which towns to start looking. Within 2 hours from an airport would be great! I didn’t think to include this info. Thanks for asking!

Old 02-25-2018, 04:31 PM

6,800 posts, read 5,610,653 times
Thats a very low budget for most places in NC. Definitely rules out Charlotte and Raleigh. I'd look in the Triad area (Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point).

Old 02-25-2018, 04:38 PM

Thank you! High Point looks nice! I’m going to check the other places also.

Old 02-25-2018, 08:45 PM

23,596 posts, read 30,003,772 times
Quote:
No job needed, I work from home. I don’t know in which towns to start looking. Within 2 hours from an airport would be great! I didn’t think to include this info. Thanks for asking!
You might find something near Charlotte or Raleigh in your budget, but some places might not have condos.

Old 02-26-2018, 04:43 AM

Thank you. The areas look very nice. Glad to have some locations to begin my search! I’ve heard great things about Raleigh. I’ve also spent some time in Boone, which I loved! Just not sure how practical that area is for my being able to concentrate and work from home instead of wanting to mountain gaze all of the time!

Old 02-26-2018, 12:01 PM

4,086 posts, read 7,375,555 times
Quote:
Thank you. The areas look very nice. Glad to have some locations to begin my search! I’ve heard great things about Raleigh. I’ve also spent some time in Boone, which I loved! Just not sure how practical that area is for my being able to concentrate and work from home instead of wanting to mountain gaze all of the time!
Just position your desk so you're not facing the window. That's what I did. However, you'll find it difficult to find even a condo (that wouldn't need a LOT of updating) in the greater Boone area for your budget.

Old 02-26-2018, 12:40 PM

It’s my dream for when I ‘grow up”. Love Boone! Enjoy your beautiful part of the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina