Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 01:13 PM

3 posts, read 10,800 times

Advertisements

We are moving to almost 100 acres in rural area, inland from SE coast of NC. I can't imagine what it will be like, way down a gravel drive, though nice trees and fields. Live outside Boston now, in city area, cars and people everywhere, walk to restaurants, theatre. Down there we'll have to drive to rt.17 where there are stores. We will farm, have horses, goats, chickens, daughter's family will live next door, and will encourage others to join us there, and build.. Just a totally new way of life.. but very serene there, and we've seen deer, lizards, that's it so far.. and nice birds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2006, 01:53 PM

787 posts, read 3,582,709 times
Most definitely a country girl. I hate city driving and traffic. And I am not too crazy about all the people right on top of each other. We live plenty close enough to the neighbors we have.

Old 12-20-2008, 04:40 AM

3 posts, read 11,958 times
I live in the country, and to be frank it bores me, live outside of a small town about 30,000 people, 50,000 in the area. I feel as if I was borninto the wrong place, I love the city the grime, the business, the fact that no one knows you. I hate it when you run into someone. The city has allot more ammenities, a country town has less, although being close the the coast has meant allot of growht of people looking for a hinterland home, so allot of City people have been moving here we're getting allot more ammenities. Soooo.... who knows, lol might be good around heresoon

Old 12-20-2008, 09:03 AM

174 posts, read 570,255 times
Funny, I lived in the city (Chicago) for umpty years, and loved it! Now I even hate going back to visit. It's crowded and noisy and smelly. I just don't get the same charge of excitement that I used to from the hustle and bustle. I'm happy to make my own fun here, and I'm almost never bored. We play music with our neighbors, take care of our livestock, do craft projects, read and, I'll admit it, watch a lot of television.

We do get into town fairly often for plays and the like, but we don't have to live there! We get to leave! Yahoo!

Old 12-25-2008, 07:04 PM

67 posts, read 202,482 times
Without a question, country girl. I need to have the wide open space or I feel claustrophibic, the thought of a housing development makes me sick. When I have to drive through one I don't understand the want or need to live that dang close to someone.

I need to have that sweet fresh air blowing through the opened windows of the house during the spring and fall. I need to hear the crickets and birds, to still at 27 years old run around a yard catching lightening bugs. To be able to walk out of my door into the back yard to eat honeysuckle straight from the vine and smell that sweetness. To be able to eat blackberries and right from the vine. To be able to grow my own veggies, my own flowers, continue the tradition and grow my own muscadine grapes (YUM!!). To paint my home, whatever the heck I want without a group of people telling me what I can do with the home that I purchased. I need to be able to walk out at night to sit on the deck and see my moon and stars. And to walk barefoot as often as I can.

So yes, country if you couldn't tell yet.

Old 12-31-2008, 11:15 AM

208 posts, read 633,494 times
Country boy...even though I've lived in medium-to-large sized cities most of my life, I'd take a more rural-setting any day.

Old 12-31-2008, 11:25 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clj2 View Post
Country boy...even though I've lived in medium-to-large sized cities most of my life, I'd take a more rural-setting any day.
Country girl, and I agree with you

Old 12-31-2008, 05:59 PM

7,074 posts, read 12,338,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipstone View Post
Personally, I'm not into Raleigh shopping and lights much. Give me a good acre away from the hustle and bustle - someplace nice and quiet and I'm happy.

How 'bout you?
Raleigh!!!!!!!!????????? Hustle and bustle!!!!!!!???????

Wait a second.........

I think I am gonna laugh now!!!! LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!

Wait.... Still laughing!!! ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO!!!

OMG, I needed that. I laughed so hard that I am crying right now!!!

Thanks for the laugh OP!!! You get rep points from me on this one!!! You earned them buddy!!!

Old 01-02-2009, 10:30 PM

787 posts, read 3,582,709 times
I am absolutely country through and through. I went to Raleigh one day and nearly broke my neck on an esculator. We have two elevators in the whole town of Snow Hill and I wouldn't get one of them if I were dying. I swear this thing came over on the ark.

Old 01-05-2009, 11:41 AM

150 posts, read 481,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki View Post
I like the country for living and the city for shopping and dining. So give me both.
Thats the problem that country folks have with people from the city moving to the country. They move from the city to get away and then want everything the cities have. This isnt a attack on you just a obsevation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina