Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

North Carolina vs. Ma: variety of eating establishments, Meck School system, well developed area, expensive utilities, traffic

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 11:25 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,381,405 times

Advertisements

Mark, dont wait too long I loved reading your updates....Let us know when you hit 1 year

I hope to be there soon, and continue with updates, but for now THIS house has to sell, right now im doing my open house and NO ONE so far....

take care
Staci
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2007, 12:00 PM

72 posts, read 292,987 times
Default considering reloc from nj

Hi,
I was just reading the past posts. We relocated to NJ 2 years ago from mass. I grew up in mass., 30 mins north of boston. my husband (2nd) grew up about 60 mins. north of boston, very rural area. My first marriage landed me in that same area due to costs being less. we now live in nj (monmouth county). we came here because we were in construction (we owned own business)and saw the market slowing as well as the fact that we both (he contractor, me interior designer)were being supported by business and it was also a 24-7 business. we have 8 yr. twins and the business was consuming us. we thought we would come to nj where the building seemed to be still booming(my husband's sister, husband and 6 yr son live here). we took jobs working for other people. although we like our jobs we feel we are working so much to pay for our home that we never see our kids, or have the money or time (or energy)to do anything with them. Thus our thoughts on relocating to NC. The building business is still thriving and housing costs are less, etc., etc.
I have three children from a previous marriage, one who is in mass. still (on his own) the other two live with us, one in comm. college, the other trying work and get ahead. we will be coming down to the Raleigh, Durham, Wake Forest area in Feb as well we will be looking at Charlotte area. Should we relocate only the twins and one of the other children would come. Our biggest concern is the schools. Any help on good school systems in these areas would be appreciated. Also please keep updating us with your response to your move from mass. to NC. Any info on reputable realtors would be helpful as well. looking forward to any info that could assist us in our decision to relocate.
Thanks

Old 01-21-2007, 12:06 PM

Five, If you need help with your current home, if u decide to move pls PM me, I am a realtor in Monmouth and Ocean County..Lived in Monmouth for 5 years now literally over the county into Ocean....good luck...

Staci

Old 01-21-2007, 12:46 PM

543 posts, read 1,825,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivekids View Post
Hi,
I was just reading the past posts. We relocated to NJ 2 years ago from mass. I grew up in mass., 30 mins north of boston. my husband (2nd) grew up about 60 mins. north of boston, very rural area. My first marriage landed me in that same area due to costs being less. we now live in nj (monmouth county). we came here because we were in construction (we owned own business)and saw the market slowing as well as the fact that we both (he contractor, me interior designer)were being supported by business and it was also a 24-7 business. we have 8 yr. twins and the business was consuming us. we thought we would come to nj where the building seemed to be still booming(my husband's sister, husband and 6 yr son live here). we took jobs working for other people. although we like our jobs we feel we are working so much to pay for our home that we never see our kids, or have the money or time (or energy)to do anything with them. Thus our thoughts on relocating to NC. The building business is still thriving and housing costs are less, etc., etc.
I have three children from a previous marriage, one who is in mass. still (on his own) the other two live with us, one in comm. college, the other trying work and get ahead. we will be coming down to the Raleigh, Durham, Wake Forest area in Feb as well we will be looking at Charlotte area. Should we relocate only the twins and one of the other children would come. Our biggest concern is the schools. Any help on good school systems in these areas would be appreciated. Also please keep updating us with your response to your move from mass. to NC. Any info on reputable realtors would be helpful as well. looking forward to any info that could assist us in our decision to relocate.
Thanks
Good luck in your search. The financial aspect was one of the many reasons we decided to move. We too were working more and more and saw our costs increasing more and more all the time. We could have easily in MA but decided to see if a change would be good for us and see if we would like living somewhere else. We figured if everyone disliked it we'd move back.

Right now my daughter and son have friends over and they've decided that if would be a good idea to make a cake. My wife just got done cleaning in there and she's having a fit because "my daughter and son have friends over and they've decided that they would make a cake". I'm glad to see their interest in cooking as long as I don't have to see the process of them cooking. Of course the kitchen will never be the same again once they're done.

It's nice to see the interaction that they have with their friends as our old neighborhood didn't really have all that many kids their age.

Schools are a real hot topic and I've ranted and raved a few times in here about them and you can probably find some of my previous blubberings by searching.. Our kids really like the schools that are in and they appear to be recieving a good education. They still don't listen to me at all though

I think there are a few realtors who hang out here but none of them are reputable

Old 01-21-2007, 12:52 PM

543 posts, read 1,825,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmomof2 View Post
Mark, dont wait too long I loved reading your updates....Let us know when you hit 1 year

I hope to be there soon, and continue with updates, but for now THIS house has to sell, right now im doing my open house and NO ONE so far....

take care
Staci
Good luck Staci. Selling is always a real nail biter. We sold in about 4 weeks which was quick but at first we had showing after showing and no bites. I found some website about prepping a house before going on the market and we took a week off of showings and did all the steps on there and on the next showing the house sold. We're glad we got out when we did as the prices in our old neighborhood have dropped 60-70k since we left.

Old 01-21-2007, 01:34 PM

yep I hear ya...We actually had 1 couple just come as I was going to take the signs out, they need to close in March, Maybe we will be lucky and want the house..lol....they said this is the nicest house they have seen all weekend...thanks for the update...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina