Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 04:34 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,395,326 times

Advertisements

Seeing this all over the local news in Washington and in the national news.

Quote:

The incident took place on the night of Dec. 9 at Milk Bar in downtown Raleigh, according to an offense report and 911 call made the next day. The caller, whose name was not released, reported that two women taunted, groped and exposed themselves to an unnamed victim in the bathroom.

In 2016, the North Carolina legislature passed H.B. 2, more commonly known as the “bathroom bill,” which required people to use public restrooms that matched the sex on their birth certificate, instead of the gender they identify with — particularly affecting the transgender community.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.8e86cdea1b6d

And North Carolina again makes national headlines over the very tired HB2 argument that just doesn’t seem to go away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2019, 06:26 PM

329 posts, read 250,097 times
Default Man in a bar

Sounds to me like a man in the girls room?

That's why I always watch who goes in the girl's room when my wife is in it.

Odd way of dealing with that situation...apparently they flashed him and groped him. Very weird.

Would've been better for those women's husbands/boyfriends to refuse to let the man in the bathroom till the women came out.

Old 01-10-2019, 06:04 AM

2,668 posts, read 7,159,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backwoods Baptist View Post
Yes, to the ignorant/uninformed, it might sound that way. The fact is, it was a transgender woman in the girls room.

Pervert.

Odd way of dealing with that situation...apparently they flashed him and groped him. Very weird.

Odd that anyone would consider this a "situation". You deal with it by minding your own business, and not allowing it to become a "situation".

Would've been better for those women's husbands/boyfriends to refuse to let the man in the bathroom till the women came out.
Better for whom--the person whose right to use the bathroom is being denied, or people whose ignorance makes them feel they must defend against a non-existent threat?

Old 01-10-2019, 06:52 AM

1,452 posts, read 1,081,687 times
Dumb hysteria that shouldn't have happened in the first place. Transgender people were already using whatever bathroom they wanted for YEARS, but this HB2 crap blows up and suddenly people cared.

The people who actually intend to cause harm, regardless of being cis- or transgender, don't care about laws in the first place.

Old 01-10-2019, 10:49 AM

2,844 posts, read 2,977,796 times
Quote:

just low class drunk women it sounds like they were into this person and sexually assaulted them

Old 01-10-2019, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbyunc View Post
Yes, to the ignorant/uninformed, it might sound that way. The fact is, it was a transgender woman in the girls room.

Pervert.

Odd that anyone would consider this a "situation". You deal with it by minding your own business, and not allowing it to become a "situation".

Better for whom--the person whose right to use the bathroom is being denied, or people whose ignorance makes them feel they must defend against a non-existent threat?

You're welcome to your own opinions of course. If you want a random man in with your woman, alone in a room then go for it.

That will not be happening in my case. No man will enter the restroom that my wife is in until she comes back out. That's the same rule as if it were any other room where the door was closed. If a strange man tries to get into a room with my wife, regardless of whether the room is a hotel room, a closet, a bathroom, or any other kind of room where I can't make sure she's safe, he will not be getting in.

If you don't like that I don't know what to tell ya...

Old 01-10-2019, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_guy View Post
just low class drunk women it sounds like they were into this person and sexually assaulted them

Ditto on that.

Groping anyone is sexual assault and should be treated as such.

Old 01-10-2019, 07:54 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
Seeing this all over the local news in Washington and in the national news.

And North Carolina again makes national headlines over the very tired HB2 argument that just doesn’t seem to go away.
the most important thing is that it's sad and wrong that the transgender woman was physically or verbally assaulted.

the WaPo can print whatever they want, and obviously the "HB2 angle" got your attention. The transgender woman was using the bathroom of her choice, not her born gender. Nothing's been reported that they said "leave our bathroom and go to the mens bathroom". So HB2 has nothing to do with it.

I suppose it was 2 drunk (rednecks) who showed off their groin areas and then dared the transgender to show them hers. We've certainly been led to believe that all offenses against transgenders are committed by angry white men. At least the first news-making one of 2019 (though committed in 2018) was the responsibility of women.

Florida had 5 or more DEATHS of transgender people in 2018:
https://www.hrc.org/resources/violen...munity-in-2018

Old 01-11-2019, 07:28 AM

13,966 posts, read 24,165,301 times
The reality is, once there's a defining narrative about a place, examples that will bolster that narrative will be sought.
If there wasn't ever an HB2, I can guarantee that this assault against a transgendered woman wouldn't have made the national news in the way that it has. And, even if it did make the news, there wouldn't be a narrative framework on which to hang it.
Don't kid yourself; theses sorts of attacks happen all over the place, even in states where laws stand behind transgendered citizens. It's just a lot easier to package these sorts of assaults with a story like HB2.
HB2, the gift that keeps on giving.....

Last edited by rnc2mbfl; 01-11-2019 at 07:42 AM..

Old 01-11-2019, 02:15 PM

2,668 posts, read 7,159,000 times
Quote:
You're welcome to your own opinions of course. If you want a random man in with your woman, alone in a room then go for it.

That will not be happening in my case. No man will enter the restroom that my wife is in until she comes back out.

That's very chivalrous of you, but for most transgender women it is highly unlikely you would know their birth gender just by looking at them. Your wife has undoubtedly been in the ladies room with transgender women before, and neither you nor she realized it. So I question how valuable your "protection" really is, but you also are entitled to your opinions--keep on guarding that bathroom if you must.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina