Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2019, 09:18 AM

2,580 posts, read 2,485,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by netbrad View Post
Why? Both statements are true. The first is based on the new law in NC as well as other states and the prevailing school of progressive thought regarding gender identity. The 2nd is a documented fact and I posted the link earlier.

I didn't really care one way or the other but I was made care to since my right to privacy is being violated. There is no valid way for an average person to verify if someone is actually transgendered or suffering from gender dysphoria. If someone tells you they are transgendered you have to accept it. Now that anyone can use whatever bathroom they feel like regardless of what chromosomes they have there is a lot of potential for consequence-free voyeurism.
Aggressive lunacy...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2019, 12:10 PM

329 posts, read 250,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
Y'all would be happier if you stopped talking to the trolls.
That seems directed at me. If it's not then disregard this.

If it is then why am I a troll for having a different opinion? Just as an Fyi there are millions in NC with the same opinion I have. Many of the views I have are common in every single rural locale of NC. That's why HB2 passed and Amendment One.

"Troll" seems to be the new version of Hillary's "deplorable" comments. It seems to mean "anyone I disagree with". Most of yall seem to think Raleigh, Durham, Gboro, Winston and Charlotte are the extent of NC and you forget the other half of the population in counties as diverse as Clay County to Carteret.

And thank you to Muslim12 for backing me up. We are not crazy for having different opinions than the current orthodox groupthink.

Old 08-07-2019, 05:55 PM

875 posts, read 1,162,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
It is not true that there is no valid way to tell. Most transgender people have to see a psychologist or other counsellors before they can obtain presriptions for hormone treatment. They will also ofter have a "carry letter" from the psychologist explaining their gender identity. Some transgender people have also obtained modified driver's licenses affirminging their identity.

I'm not a psychologist and I can't ask them to show me their documents.

Quote:
In addition, you will find that most transgendered women will behave like ladies, use makeup and will attempt to blend in with the way other women behave. There is no way that a "man in a dress" is a transgendered woman, and the average person will be able to tell.

See above. If a "man in a dress" (or not in a dress) states they are transgender I can't disprove it. The claim MUST be accepted or you are a bigot. Don't forget that gender is also fluid and can be changed on a whim.

Quote:
BTW, I have met many transgender women at conferences and found them quite rational. They are not delusional and they are not peeping-toms in disguise. Their gender identity is what their brain tells them it is, not the way their body appears.

If you say someone you believe is a transgender in a bathroom, you could attempt to engage in polite conversation. But generally, they would rather just do their business and get out of the way.
The issue is not with the transgender person but the non-transgender person that pretends to be and uses the law as a shield for bad behavior. This bill makes no distinction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jero23 View Post
Aggressive lunacy...
How so? I gave an example earlier of someone abusing a similar law. Here is the question you need to ask yourself:

1. Is it OK for a man to be in a women's bathroom/locker room (and vice-versa)?

2. Does the person automatically get a pass if they claim to be transgender?

3. What is your reaction if you find out they were lying?

Old 08-08-2019, 05:53 AM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,731,477 times
I was hanging out with the secretaries one day at work, and a brand new transgender contractor came up to desk and asked the direction of the bathroom. The secretary asked “Which one.” I about fell out.

Old 08-12-2019, 05:24 AM

805 posts, read 524,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backwoods Baptist View Post
That's great that it worked out for you, but ain't no man fixing to enter my daughters bathroom. It dont matter if the man chopped off his dangling bits, put on a dress or slapped on some women's face paint.

There ain't a single Male in the entire Earth that is going to get in the bathroom with my daughter, no matter how confused the man is.

That's mine, and all my neighbors policy.
Many transgender people are kids and teens. Students in school. They are already using the bathrooms with the rest of the kids, generally with no issue.

This person was assigned female at birth. Should use the ladies room?

Old 08-12-2019, 06:48 AM

6,824 posts, read 9,059,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickandiron View Post
Many transgender people are kids and teens. Students in school. They are already using the bathrooms with the rest of the kids, generally with no issue.

This person was assigned female at birth. Should use the ladies room?
That article was too short. I wanted more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina