Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2019, 07:53 PM

78 posts, read 144,645 times

Advertisements

I am planning on moving in January and am trying to narrow it down. What I am basically asking is not that it has to be on the coast, but near the coast. I find a certain peaceful happiness at the beach but not really into crowded beaches. I am looking for something affordable and low violent crime. Where I am from, there is no violent crime and barely any real crime at all. I will be looking for entry level accounting jobs as I am close to obtaining my associates degree and I am doing door dash right now, which I love, and is resulting in another reason for a safe area to live in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2019, 03:23 AM

2,064 posts, read 1,643,090 times
So how far from the beach do you want to be? Most NC beaches are crowded in the summer, as they are very popular vacation areas.

Old 07-29-2019, 04:09 AM

34,088 posts, read 82,953,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingforgreatweather View Post
I will be looking for entry level accounting jobs as I am close to obtaining my associates degree
I am planning on moving in January and am trying to narrow it down.
Any City with 500,000 or more will do well.

Quote:
What I am basically asking is not that it has to be on the coast, but near the coast.
New York? Boston? Philadelphia? Wash DC? Charleston? Jacksonville? Miami?
They'll all also have the good schools you'll need to continue through the next set of degrees.

Old 07-30-2019, 06:06 AM

13,371 posts, read 27,034,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingforgreatweather View Post
I will be looking for entry level accounting jobs as I am close to obtaining my associates degree and I am doing door dash right now, which I love, and is resulting in another reason for a safe area to live in.
Coastal North Carolina has a few cities which might have entry level accounting jobs: Greenville, Jacksonville, Wilmington and possibly Morehead City. I suggest scoping out possible jobs first.

I am not sure we have DoorDash service in this area, but I understand it might be risky delivering to unknown homes. If you have a full-time accounting, why should you need to do deliveries? In any case, Greenville might be the riskiest of the cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina