Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2019, 09:02 AM

52 posts, read 47,075 times

Advertisements

Going over the post count of all the states, I noticed that NC is in 2nd with 1.6M behind only Texas who sits at 2M. I also noticed that NC has more total posts than CA, NY, and FL which all vastly outnumber the state in population. I just thought it was a cool stat and was curious why this state's forum has as many posts as it does?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2019, 09:38 AM

275 posts, read 330,618 times
Lots of people moving here
Lots of development in major cities going on
Lots of interstate projects are under construction

Mostly those 3 things.

Old 07-29-2019, 04:59 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,770,529 times
Well the vast majority of NC CD activity is coming from just 2 areas, the Triangle (Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill/Cary) and Charlotte. The Triangle has at least 30% more posts than Charlotte.

Probably the easiest answer as to why NC has so many posts is the education baseline. NC State, UNC, Duke, RTP, etc within 30-40 miles.

Well it might be the Triangle has more workers abusing their jobs and posting on CD instead of being productive.

Old 07-29-2019, 08:14 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,242,030 times
It's because we all have nothing better to do with our time so we come here to boast about how awesome we are. And by "we" I actually mean "me".

Quote:
Well it might be the Triangle has more workers abusing their jobs and posting on CD instead of being productive.
The Triangle folks are smart enough to know when the boss is and isn't looking, they've got that down to a science

Old 07-30-2019, 07:47 AM

3,318 posts, read 2,338,253 times
Thanks for adding another one, #1 spot here we come!

Old 07-30-2019, 08:02 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,515,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. ENC View Post
Lots of people moving here
Lots of development in major cities going on
Lots of interstate projects are under construction

Mostly those 3 things.
This is pretty much it. NC's a great state with a high quality of life.

Old 07-30-2019, 03:17 PM

873 posts, read 1,016,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitroad View Post
Well the vast majority of NC CD activity is coming from just 2 areas, the Triangle (Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill/Cary) and Charlotte. The Triangle has at least 30% more posts than Charlotte.

Probably the easiest answer as to why NC has so many posts is the education baseline. NC State, UNC, Duke, RTP, etc within 30-40 miles.

These areas have a good mix of long-term residents and newcomers, many from out of state. They're pretty passionate about the features they like in the areas and the features they want improved in just about everything, from real estate, education, sports, entertainment, politics, you name it. They're also fairly well traveled and can visit both the mountains and the coast of the state within a few hours, making them (including myself) feel rightly or wrongly that they can comment confidently about the state as well.

It's an exciting time for a state that's growing a lot and in two fairly disparate areas, as opposed to say, Georgia, where most of the population increase is in the Atlanta metro. Some claim there's a rivalry between the Triangle and Charlotte, but I think that's only in the minds of certain people living in those areas. For me, I generally think it's great to see the growth and note what's doing well and what should be doing better in these areas and across the state here on this forum.

Old 07-30-2019, 04:09 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,959,790 times
NC will overtake California someday in real life.

Old 07-30-2019, 04:21 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,959,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitroad View Post

whoa now, don't forget the booming Advanced manufacturing and aerospace industry picking up here in the triad lol. That is definitely something that should be noteworthy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina