Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2006, 06:43 PM

1 posts, read 2,998 times

Advertisements

I just signed on to the site. It seems very informative. Does anyone know what the names of some of the local/or close by hospitals? I am looking to build a home in Rutherfordton. However, I'm researching schools and jobs. I happened to drive through this great town in November while looking at new communities around asheville. It seems like a great place. can anyone tell me more about it? I have three kids under 5. I am a Nurse anesthetist and my husband also works in the OR. I'd like to move in about 3 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2006, 05:30 AM

17 posts, read 124,427 times
I live in Rutherfordton and love it! I moved here 11 years ago from West Viriginia, but grew up in Kentucky. I will never go back to either place, this is my home.

Rutherfordton is a great place to bring up kids. There is crime everywhere you go, but it seems to be lower here. My kids both attend RS School district and love it! Here are some of the local schools.

http://www.greatschools.net/schools....t=158&state=NC

Of course you mentioned Rutherfordton Hospital, but there is Cleveland Regional in Shelby, Spartanburg Regional in Spartanburg, SC, which is only about a 40 minute drive, there are a couple of hospitals in Asheville, St Lukes in Columbus, Mcdowell hospital in Marion, and I am sure there are many, many more. It just depends on how far you would want to drive. You can check areas such as Morganton, Landrum, Tryon, Columbus, Asheville, Hendersonville, Marion, Gaffney SC, Spartanburg SC. All those areas are within an hours drive.

If you need anymore info please feel free to email or IM me

Have a Merry Christmas

Elizabeth

Old 07-15-2007, 06:39 PM

12 posts, read 54,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi95 View Post
I just signed on to the site. It seems very informative. Does anyone know what the names of some of the local/or close by hospitals? I am looking to build a home in Rutherfordton. However, I'm researching schools and jobs. I happened to drive through this great town in November while looking at new communities around asheville. It seems like a great place. can anyone tell me more about it? I have three kids under 5. I am a Nurse anesthetist and my husband also works in the OR. I'd like to move in about 3 years.
Hi Mimi

I just took a CRNA position at Rutherford Hospital. I was impressed with the hospital for it being in such a small town. I will not be there in Rutherfordton till January, but i'll be able to keep you posted on what's going on around there after i get there. My hubby and I really liked the area, the hospital, CRNA's etc. Good luck and maybe i'll see you one day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina