Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2020, 12:15 PM

1,197 posts, read 1,543,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemCar View Post
Photo ID eliminates voter fraud.
No it doesn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2020, 12:37 PM

4,553 posts, read 6,375,603 times
So glad Virginia is repealing its voter suppression laws.

Old 02-10-2020, 08:38 AM

38 posts, read 26,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
I concur!

Old 02-12-2020, 07:54 PM

875 posts, read 1,159,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post

Sweet! Now I can go vote there too! Everyone lying about who they are is the new standard for being an adult!

Old 02-12-2020, 07:55 PM

2,064 posts, read 1,631,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netbrad View Post
Sweet! Now I can go vote there too! Everyone lying about who they are is the new standard for being an adult!
Who lies more than anybody else? Hint: He's not an adult, emotionally.

Old 02-19-2020, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Teach View Post
Who lies more than anybody else? Hint: He's not an adult, emotionally.

Just because politicians lie (regardless of party affiliation) doesn't mean the rest of us need to emulate that activity. If you don't support the need for a person to be honest about who they are when they vote I don't know what to say.

Old 02-19-2020, 03:34 PM

2,064 posts, read 1,631,132 times
Quote:
Just because politicians lie (regardless of party affiliation) doesn't mean the rest of us need to emulate that activity. If you don't support the need for a person to be honest about who they are when they vote I don't know what to say.
Good, then don't say anything.

There's virtually no evidence of people being dishonest about who they are, so there's no problem to be solved. Only new problems to be created. But apparently, you think lying is ok (since you support a notorious and outrageous liar), so I fail to see how you have any moral high ground to claim.

Old 02-19-2020, 05:03 PM

5,429 posts, read 5,965,483 times
Quote:
Pretty clear premise. Only way to refute it is to deflect.

Old 02-26-2020, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Teach View Post
Good, then don't say anything.

There's virtually no evidence of people being dishonest about who they are, so there's no problem to be solved. Only new problems to be created. But apparently, you think lying is ok (since you support a notorious and outrageous liar), so I fail to see how you have any moral high ground to claim.

People will always try to take advantage of a system. The absentee ballot fraud showed that. With the repeal of voter ID it makes it easier to commit fraud in person by pretending to be someone you're not. Who wouldn't want to see their preferred candidate win by voting for them more than once as several different people? Its too bad you can't see past your hatred of anyone that doesn't think like you to see that.

Old 02-27-2020, 06:46 PM

3,444 posts, read 2,799,021 times
Quote:
People will always try to take advantage of a system. The absentee ballot fraud showed that. With the repeal of voter ID it makes it easier to commit fraud in person by pretending to be someone you're not. Who wouldn't want to see their preferred candidate win by voting for them more than once as several different people? Its too bad you can't see past your hatred of anyone that doesn't think like you to see that.
Well, the absentee ballot fraud in NC was done by republicans to try to get the vote to go their way. There has never been an ID requirement in NC at voting time, so the repeal of the law just put it right back to where it's always been. Interestingly enough, the only person I know who voted twice did it in Haywood County in 2016 and he was ALSO a republican (and Trump supporter). It's too bad you can't see past your hatred of anyone that doesn't think like you to see that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
View detailed profiles of: