Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 04:53 PM

48 posts, read 230,283 times

Advertisements

Good question. I've been in NC for 12 years and liked living in Cary. When it comes time to retire in about 10 years it's a toss up for me. It will either be Cary or Colorado Springs, CO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2008, 06:47 PM

20,867 posts, read 23,395,562 times
Yes but I would move to the mountains. Somewhere like Boone.

Old 06-22-2008, 09:07 PM

36 posts, read 163,932 times
Default I would choose to live in North Carolina

I have lived here for two and a half years. I LOVE it. I was offered everything you could think of to move back up North and I would never. It is warm but not too warm. The people are the friendliest, most polite people I have ever met. It is the best.

Old 06-23-2008, 08:27 AM

676 posts, read 3,067,453 times
When it is a hot and humid heat wave or dragging on cold and dark in February, I wish I was back in Santa Barbara, CA where I am from. Most days, I remain positive about our move to NC and know I could never realistically have a life back in CA due to the insane housing costs.

Old 06-23-2008, 03:41 PM

4 posts, read 9,208 times
I've lived in NC my whole life and have traveled to every state except Hawaii. North Carolina is definitely my first choice. I think the economy and job situation here is great (for me), you have the beautiful mountains and the beach, there are great small towns with character and bigger cities as well. I do not feel seriously threatened by natural disasters, like tornadoes or earthquakes. We have great universities and hospitals, and four seasons. For me, I am living the dream here. I just got back from a trip to Alaska, which was my 49th state. It would be my second choice for the beauty of the state and the kidness of the people there. Anchorage kind of reminded me of Greensboro and Fairbanks of Asheboro. I met a lot of North Carolinians who had moved up there and was not surprised by their decision to call Alaska home! Of course, the downside to that is the winter and the earthquakes.

Old 06-23-2008, 04:20 PM

4,138 posts, read 11,442,052 times
I hear you on the beauty of Alaska! I think there are many downsides though. I have a friend moving there this summer.....but it is just SO FAR from everything! Everything has to be shipped in and in the winter, you are pretty much stuck unless you are in a major city. I would love to visit though!

I think the Pacific NW holds the candle to the lower 48 beauty.

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSOgirl26 View Post
I've lived in NC my whole life and have traveled to every state except Hawaii. North Carolina is definitely my first choice. I think the economy and job situation here is great (for me), you have the beautiful mountains and the beach, there are great small towns with character and bigger cities as well. I do not feel seriously threatened by natural disasters, like tornadoes or earthquakes. We have great universities and hospitals, and four seasons. For me, I am living the dream here. I just got back from a trip to Alaska, which was my 49th state. It would be my second choice for the beauty of the state and the kidness of the people there. Anchorage kind of reminded me of Greensboro and Fairbanks of Asheboro. I met a lot of North Carolinians who had moved up there and was not surprised by their decision to call Alaska home! Of course, the downside to that is the winter and the earthquakes.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:17 AM

4 posts, read 9,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnW View Post
I hear you on the beauty of Alaska! I think there are many downsides though. I have a friend moving there this summer.....but it is just SO FAR from everything! Everything has to be shipped in and in the winter, you are pretty much stuck unless you are in a major city. I would love to visit though!

I think the Pacific NW holds the candle to the lower 48 beauty.

Dawn

Yeah, you're probably right that visiting is best. I forgot about the moose and bears, too. Sometime a few years in the future, I'd like to visit in the fall and try to catch a glimpse of the northern lights in Fairbanks.

Old 07-09-2008, 08:03 AM

1 posts, read 1,971 times
Arizona for sure, I have lived in Sanford for 5 years and another 2 years at Ft. Bragg. I also lived in California. NC was not bad at all, but Az is much better.

Old 07-09-2008, 12:08 PM

271 posts, read 1,210,154 times
hmmm. i need to travel some more, been to Arizona and Colorado and all up and down the east coast. So far, I say North Carolina is still proably best. But i'm looking to travel to the Pacific nortwest soon. That will tell the tale.

Old 07-10-2008, 02:48 PM

9 posts, read 28,263 times
Default Live in NC?

HELL no
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina