Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2020, 12:12 AM

363 posts, read 225,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlove View Post
You obviously haven't traveled outside of Wake County. Mask usage is much lower in the more rural areas. Just the other day we had to meet with a client in Havelock. We stopped in New Bern to grab a quick lunch (which we ate in the car) and not one person in Hardees was wearing a mask. We didn't see masks on anyone (but each other when we went into Hardees and into the clients' home). We stopped for gas, there were people going into the gas station, no masks. Two days before we had to meet with a client south of Sanford, again had to get gas. 50% of the people going into the gas station were not wearing masks. I live north of Wake County, country grocery that we no longer use, nobody wearing masks. So maybe if you traveled to places other than Wake County, you'd see why the numbers are climbing. I guess you didn't watch the super spreader Trump rallies in the days leading up to the election where nobody was wearing masks because the person they worship wasn't wearing one? If you claim you didn't, then it's because you don't want to admit people aren't wearing masks anywhere but in the more urban areas (i.e. liberal) of NC.

Thank goodness they are going to start cracking down on the mask requirements and making sure they are enforced.
I'm not wearing one under any circumstance.

Thank you for making this post. My resolve is stronger than ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2020, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
I've seen exactly what you're talking about in the Triad, especially outside of the core cities, but certain businesses are not doing a good job with this, and certain businesses also tend to attract a certain clientele who just don't care (home improvement stores are one example of stores that are notorious for their customers not doing taking precautions-- and this is even in Greensboro).

There are some businesses that do enforce it, or their patrons are the types that do what they should be doing on their own, and I've had some good luck with certain restaurants but that takes being very selective in where you go and where you don't go. The places that are looking after their employees and customers are the ones getting my business and the ones who aren't will not be getting any, and I know I speak for many in saying this.

I agree that people who live in certain parts of the state really don't know what's going on in other areas.
Ha too funny. Most of your fellow maskers are too scared to go out to eat in the first place and the draconian measures people like you have championed have put tons of restaurants and their workers out of business.

I'm doing everything possible to undo all of your efforts. Hosting a huge Thanksgiving get together with totally unrelated households and shopping only at businesses that don't harass their customers. I know I speak for many in saying this. I stopped doing business in Orange County when they hopped on the mask mandates & curtailing late-night drinking first.

Be sure to put your nasty mask on in between bites at the restaurant. Have a lovely dinner!

Old 11-24-2020, 07:17 AM

3,444 posts, read 2,818,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by codygreen View Post
Ha too funny. Most of your fellow maskers are too scared to go out to eat in the first place and the draconian measures people like you have championed have put tons of restaurants and their workers out of business.

I'm doing everything possible to undo all of your efforts. Hosting a huge Thanksgiving get together with totally unrelated households and shopping only at businesses that don't harass their customers. I know I speak for many in saying this. I stopped doing business in Orange County when they hopped on the mask mandates & curtailing late-night drinking first.

Be sure to put your nasty mask on in between bites at the restaurant. Have a lovely dinner!
It's always amazing to see the immaturity of some of the anti-maskers. "I'm going to do everything opposite of what is right for the community and you can't make me do any different, nanny nanny boo boo!". I feel fairly confident you don't have that many family members or friends who want to spend Thanksgiving with you anyways.

You aren't going to be allowed into businesses unless you have a mask on. It may take a week or so for everything to ramp up, but it's going to happen. Have fun driving all over trying to find businesses that are going to risk having their doors closed for repeated violations. The vast majority of business owners are smarter than that.

Old 11-24-2020, 10:01 AM

Quote:
It's always amazing to see the immaturity of some of the anti-maskers. "I'm going to do everything opposite of what is right for the community and you can't make me do any different, nanny nanny boo boo!". I feel fairly confident you don't have that many family members or friends who want to spend Thanksgiving with you anyways.

You aren't going to be allowed into businesses unless you have a mask on. It may take a week or so for everything to ramp up, but it's going to happen. Have fun driving all over trying to find businesses that are going to risk having their doors closed for repeated violations. The vast majority of business owners are smarter than that.
You obviously haven't read the executive order which, in spite of Cooper's latest revisions, is still chock full of exceptions because he LOST a court case in one of his previous executive orders. I won't be wearing a mask under any circumstances and will keep you in mind every time I do so. What is for "The good of the community" is your OPINION, and certainly not an objective fact. The damage that has been done "to the community," pitting people against one another and telling some people their jobs are essential while others aren't -- well, the effects of that will be felt LONG after the China Virus.

I am taking the high road and moving out of North Carolina because it has become a terrible place to live and the economy is an absolute joke. My industry has suffered tremendously and many people still can't find work and if they are its a fraction of what they made prior. But yes, FOR THE GOOD OF THE COMMUNITY, let's force these mandates that have proven to be utterly ineffective everywhere they've been implemented. Why should I care about your health when you don't care about the ill effects these lockdowns and "mini lockdowns" have had on my mental and physical well-being? I don't care one bit about your health and at least I'm honest about it. If you were honest you'd say the same.

It is what it is at this point. I was on board with taking extra safety precautions until they went from recommendations to demands. Hell I might even have worn the mask in public, but under the threat of coercion? Absolutely not. I will make my own decisions regarding my health.

Old 11-24-2020, 10:40 AM

3,444 posts, read 2,818,373 times
Quote:
You obviously haven't read the executive order which, in spite of Cooper's latest revisions, is still chock full of exceptions because he LOST a court case in one of his previous executive orders. I won't be wearing a mask under any circumstances and will keep you in mind every time I do so. What is for "The good of the community" is your OPINION, and certainly not an objective fact. The damage that has been done "to the community," pitting people against one another and telling some people their jobs are essential while others aren't -- well, the effects of that will be felt LONG after the China Virus.

I am taking the high road and moving out of North Carolina because it has become a terrible place to live and the economy is an absolute joke. My industry has suffered tremendously and many people still can't find work and if they are its a fraction of what they made prior. But yes, FOR THE GOOD OF THE COMMUNITY, let's force these mandates that have proven to be utterly ineffective everywhere they've been implemented. Why should I care about your health when you don't care about the ill effects these lockdowns and "mini lockdowns" have had on my mental and physical well-being? I don't care one bit about your health and at least I'm honest about it. If you were honest you'd say the same.

It is what it is at this point. I was on board with taking extra safety precautions until they went from recommendations to demands. Hell I might even have worn the mask in public, but under the threat of coercion? Absolutely not. I will make my own decisions regarding my health.
Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!

Old 11-24-2020, 01:16 PM

676 posts, read 494,521 times
Quote:

Sounds like a classic case of addition by subtraction.

I'm sure there will be plenty of others lining up to replace you as a resident of NC.

Old 11-24-2020, 01:48 PM

1,502 posts, read 4,084,566 times
I think there is some hypocrisy going on . Now we are good with one person signing an executive order saying who can and can not be on your private property and what you do in the privacy of your own home ? Just asking.

Old 11-24-2020, 02:26 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,731,477 times
Quote:
. . . Mask usage is much lower in the more rural areas. Just the other day we had to meet with a client in Havelock. We stopped in New Bern to grab a quick lunch (which we ate in the car) and not one person in Hardees was wearing a mask. We didn't see masks on anyone (but each other when we went into Hardees and into the clients' home). We stopped for gas, there were people going into the gas station, no masks. . . . .
You are certainly correct about very poor compliance in and around New Bern. I monitor mask use regularly when we venture out. While going for grocery pick up today I observed mask usage nearing 50% for the first time.

Old 11-24-2020, 09:33 PM

6,116 posts, read 4,608,458 times
Quote:
I do take-out and support well managed restaurants. Thanks for your concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_native View Post
I think there is some hypocrisy going on . Now we are good with one person signing an executive order saying who can and can not be on your private property and what you do in the privacy of your own home ? Just asking.
The order applies to public places. It is at the link below:

https://files.nc.gov/governor/docume...quirements.pdf

However, at this time people are urged to exercise extreme care with people visiting their homes who don't live there because the virus doesn't care whether it's on public or private property.

Old 11-25-2020, 06:51 AM

1,452 posts, read 1,081,404 times
Quote:
Although I don't agree with you on this being a reason to permanently leave NC, the rest of your paragraph here is spot on. Especially with the heavier mandates (I don't mind lighter ones like masking in public), there are so many people cheering them on who have forgotten that there's more to life than COVID.

Last edited by BrianGC; 11-25-2020 at 08:10 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina