Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2020, 09:33 PM

2,381 posts, read 2,628,793 times

Advertisements

So Charlotte won't be the primary city for everybody nationwide to descend on and burn down in August? Oh no..... how unfortunate.

Old 06-02-2020, 10:16 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,444,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT4 View Post
So Charlotte won't be the primary city for everybody nationwide to descend on and burn down in August? Oh no..... how unfortunate.

The savings to the city in countless hours of overtime for the Police Department will be substantial, given how Trump fails to pay his bills. Rejoice Charlotte, the Orange Madman isn't coming to town!

Old 06-02-2020, 10:37 PM

2,867 posts, read 3,511,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Trump will walk away from the contract between NC, Charlotte, Mecklenburg and the RNC.

That's how Trump run's his business.
As they say in the true capital of North Carolina - Hickory- “Don’t let the door hit ya’, where the good Lord split ya’”. :-)

Roy made the right call. You guys don’t want this mess down there. It’s going to be loaded with protestors, looters, bored militia members looking for a fight, and so on. Trump was right when he said his inauguration was the highest ever attended. Hotel rooms in DC have never been so filled up in recent history, lowest vacancy rate for the segment ever recorded.

But it wasn’t because of his fan base. It was all the protestors that poured into town to cause a whole bunch of problems. You don’t want that in Charlotte. Let this one go...

Old 06-02-2020, 11:07 PM

597 posts, read 441,117 times
Several states are seemingly ready to jump up to host this glorified klan rally.... where were they back in 2018 when the event was up to bid?

Old 06-03-2020, 01:31 AM

5,024 posts, read 7,532,912 times
Maybe the RNC could use Zoom for their convention.

Old 06-03-2020, 06:28 AM

7,178 posts, read 6,737,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
I feel like it’s a bluff.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they come up with covid precautions and trump will claim that everyone worked together to make it happen and that it was a beautiful thing.
Bluff or not, I'm glad Cooper is standing up to that pompous assh**e. McCrory would've given Trump a BJ in order to keep the RNC.

Old 06-03-2020, 07:12 AM

5,416 posts, read 5,906,239 times
As I read though the previous posts (from some posters I truly respect and read faithfully), I really have to wonder where we are heading as a country. The way these posts talk about the RNC is disrespectful in regard to our political system. (Don't start tossing Republican-isms or Democrat-isms at me, two wrongs don't make a right)

I think Cooper is doing a great job with how he's handling the state, the Covid response, and the potential (or not) to have the RNC in Charlotte. But to denigrate the entire population of Republicans is not in anyone's best interest.

Whatever happened to good old moderates? Is this country now made up of all far left and far right?

We need to make our way back to getting divergent thoughts to merge in one national policy. I can promise you it won't be done if the rhetoric I have been reading here is shared and continually spread across the country.
This "my way or the highway" thought process is detrimental to the country, whether from the Left or from the Right.

Old 06-03-2020, 07:38 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,406,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Trump will walk away from the contract between NC, Charlotte, Mecklenburg and the RNC.

That's how Trump run's his business.
Given his history, it's safe to assume he would have stuck Charlotte with a big bill.

Old 06-03-2020, 12:44 PM

16,753 posts, read 8,119,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue at the Rock View Post
Given his history, it's safe to assume he would have stuck Charlotte with a big bill.
I agree.

Old 06-03-2020, 02:10 PM

37,798 posts, read 41,542,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getatag View Post
As I read though the previous posts (from some posters I truly respect and read faithfully), I really have to wonder where we are heading as a country. The way these posts talk about the RNC is disrespectful in regard to our political system. (Don't start tossing Republican-isms or Democrat-isms at me, two wrongs don't make a right)

I think Cooper is doing a great job with how he's handling the state, the Covid response, and the potential (or not) to have the RNC in Charlotte. But to denigrate the entire population of Republicans is not in anyone's best interest.

Whatever happened to good old moderates? Is this country now made up of all far left and far right?

We need to make our way back to getting divergent thoughts to merge in one national policy. I can promise you it won't be done if the rhetoric I have been reading here is shared and continually spread across the country.
This "my way or the highway" thought process is detrimental to the country, whether from the Left or from the Right.
Blame our winner-take-all, two-party system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina