Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2020, 06:38 PM

4,596 posts, read 6,424,950 times

Advertisements

So Tillis has tested positive for COVID-19
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2020, 06:38 PM

241 posts, read 237,373 times
Speaking of Thom Tillis...it appears he's contracted the coronavirus after a trip to the white house. Hopefully he makes a speedy recovery.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...or-coronavirus

Old 10-02-2020, 09:34 PM

4,596 posts, read 6,424,950 times
Cunningham admits sexting someone not his wife https://t.co/DXWmqzsWYE

Old 10-02-2020, 09:36 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,243,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post

Oh.

Well time to break out the ole bag of popcorn.

Old 10-03-2020, 07:14 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,212,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
If Cooper is moderate and Forrest is extremely far right, I guess that explains why Cooper is in a 10 point lead. I assume he is probably the favorite, but I would really like to see Forrest prevail.

What about Cunningham and Tillis? Don't know as much about them either, but from what I am reading, I would expect Cunningham while not extreme is quite further left than Cooper. His lead over Tillis definitely seems inflated especially since Tillis is the incumbent. That really makes me wonder? What are people annoyed at with Tillis?
if you don't live here - and thus not under the influence of only statewide politics, and you don't seem to know much about either Cooper or Forest .... then why would you want one to prevail?

Old 10-03-2020, 07:26 AM

6,116 posts, read 4,607,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
if you don't live here - and thus not under the influence of only statewide politics, and you don't seem to know much about either Cooper or Forest .... then why would you want one to prevail?
I'm not the poster you're speaking of (as said earlier I don't support Forest at all), but to respond to your question, that poster did mention they are in Virginia, a neighboring state, so what happens in NC could affect Virginia. I would agree more if they were in Wyoming.

For instance, if during the current pandemic, South Carolina's governor were to say (just a hypothetical, I'm not saying he said this) "no one should ever have to wear a mask, ever, anytime, anywhere, even if you leave South Carolina", that wouldn't help NC if South Carolina's citizens who bought into that are coming to Charlotte.

Or if state environmental laws were lax in an adjoining state for an issue not regulated federally, but the adjoining state had stricter rules, those stricter rules become less effective.

If one state has good transportation planning but an adjoining state doesn't, it can impact congestion in the state with better planning (i.e. the Charlotte region would be a good example of this with many SC residents working in Charlotte). The same goes with people going across the state line for certain fireworks, shopping across state lines when a neighboring state has a tax free holiday but we don't, etc.

What happens in one state can have at least some impact on what happens in a neighboring state.

Old 10-03-2020, 08:14 AM

773 posts, read 646,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I was wondering that myself.

Old 10-03-2020, 08:21 AM

773 posts, read 646,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
I'm not the poster you're speaking of (as said earlier I don't support Forest at all), but to respond to your question, that poster did mention they are in Virginia, a neighboring state, so what happens in NC could affect Virginia. I would agree more if they were in Wyoming.

For instance, if during the current pandemic, South Carolina's governor were to say (just a hypothetical, I'm not saying he said this) "no one should ever have to wear a mask, ever, anytime, anywhere, even if you leave South Carolina", that wouldn't help NC if South Carolina's citizens who bought into that are coming to Charlotte.

Or if state environmental laws were lax in an adjoining state for an issue not regulated federally, but the adjoining state had stricter rules, those stricter rules become less effective.

If one state has good transportation planning but an adjoining state doesn't, it can impact congestion in the state with better planning (i.e. the Charlotte region would be a good example of this with many SC residents working in Charlotte). The same goes with people going across the state line for certain fireworks, shopping across state lines when a neighboring state has a tax free holiday but we don't, etc.

What happens in one state can have at least some impact on what happens in a neighboring state.
No offense, but I don't really buy into your argument very much; however, in this case the OP professes to not know much about either candidate, so I can't see how his preference could be based on how they would affect a neighboring state.

Old 10-03-2020, 08:41 AM

7,190 posts, read 6,823,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamchaser13 View Post
Speaking of Thom Tillis...it appears he's contracted the coronavirus after a trip to the white house. Hopefully he makes a speedy recovery.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...or-coronavirus
Super-spreader event last Saturday? Must've been RBG's final dissent.

Old 10-03-2020, 09:59 AM

2,218 posts, read 2,939,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
While he might be able to fool his wife, anyone with a brain can see from the texts that this was more than just some "suggestive" texts.

This is not just a personal matter when he is wanting our votes. And if he wants to take complete responsibility for his actions, like he claims he is doing, he needs to be honest to the public and tell it like it is.

Such a shame that we have two horrible choices on the ballot! Ughh!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina