Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2020, 10:57 AM

1,543 posts, read 1,530,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
I remember him pointing at one of his rallies and saying "Here's my black guy!" That's not going to ingratiate himself with either the NAACP or BLM crowd. I know he's down at least 1 black voter ...Herman Cain.

But he may keep Ben Carson in the fold for a while.
I hope that America does not associate BLM with African Americans like the NAACP. BLM stands for a lot of things that some African Americans are against, especially their definition of family. BLM certainly does not carry my values.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2020, 01:54 PM

2,668 posts, read 7,155,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hickoryfan View Post
BLM stands for a lot of things that some African Americans are against, especially their definition of family. BLM certainly does not carry my values.
So tell us more...what is the BLM definition of family, and why are you against it?

Old 10-06-2020, 03:38 PM

773 posts, read 645,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbyunc View Post
So tell us more...what is the BLM definition of family, and why are you against it?
Its basically an extension of the "It takes a village" comment. Anyone who thinks its a big deal is totally overeating. Doing so is simply an attempt to distract from the real issue.

"Black Lives Matter has been derided as a terrorist organization (a claim we rated False), a Marxist movement (we found little evidence) and as anti-Semitic (despite some concerns, hundreds of Jewish organizations support it, we found).

An attack made less often is that Black Lives Matter wants to abolish the traditional family.

We found that while Black Lives Matter seeks change in how "family" is defined, especially with respect to public policy, it’s a leap to conclude that it wants to eliminate traditional family structures.

"We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and ‘villages’ that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable," it says on the page titled "What we believe."

"We make our spaces family-friendly and enable parents to fully participate with their children. We dismantle the patriarchal practice that requires mothers to work ‘double shifts’ so that they can mother in private even as they participate in public justice work.""

https://www.politifact.com/article/2...r-aim-destroy/

Old 10-06-2020, 04:04 PM

2,203 posts, read 5,082,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
Cunningham admits sexting someone not his wife https://t.co/DXWmqzsWYE
The moral bar was set on the floor when Trump was elected, those texts don't bother me at all.
I voted already.

Old 10-06-2020, 04:13 PM

16,761 posts, read 8,207,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC~Mom View Post
The moral bar was set on the floor when Trump was elected, those texts don't bother me at all.
I voted already.
So did my wife and I. The bar on the floor is correct.

I get calls from the RNC because I contacted both Burr and Tillis office's over different issue's. Tillis continued to vote on bills which hurt the people of NC.

Time for Tillis to go back to private sector

Old 10-06-2020, 04:27 PM

2,843 posts, read 2,973,786 times
I haven't voted republican since Ws first term but will probably pull the trigger this time i don't see myself voting D for a long long time. I'll probably leave governor blank

I hope Tim Scott gets more momentum

Democrats used to be the party of farmers and civil rights but are now the party of petite bourgeois and academic elites. that other posters comments about BLM being for destruction for the nuclear family really reveals the game

Old 10-06-2020, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_guy View Post
I haven't voted republican since Ws first term but will probably pull the trigger this time i don't see myself voting D for a long long time. I'll probably leave governor blank
So you didn't vote for Trump in '16, but you're going to vote him this year? Really?

Quote:
Democrats used to be the party of farmers and civil rights but are now the party of petite bourgeois and academic elites. that other posters comments about BLM being for destruction for the nuclear family really reveals the game[
Unless the other poster is wrong.

Old 10-06-2020, 04:35 PM

No they finally were told to remove it but it was there for a long time I saw it myself

All I really feel motivated to say is good ideas should have good results and the most liberal states NY and CA are circling the drain. If Biden loses and they don't get bailed it it's curtains for them.

Old 10-06-2020, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal James View Post
So you didn't vote for Trump in '16, but you're going to vote him this year? Really?

Unless the other poster is wrong.
i voted for gary johnson

Old 10-06-2020, 04:45 PM

Quote:
i voted for gary johnson
Please vote for the Libertarian candidate this year. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina