Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2021, 08:48 AM

8 posts, read 13,909 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

I am considering a move to Fayetteville NC. I understand there are bad areas, just like in most States.

Does anyone have knowledge of what parts that would be, if you can explain to me. I currently live in King NC, have you heard of it? LOL I own a house and its so peaceful with no crime. I afraid to buy a condo where you can hear gunshots nearby. It would definitely be a culture shock for me. I couldn't see any thread about Fayetteville.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Gina
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2021, 09:09 AM

12,799 posts, read 16,321,421 times
Fayetteville is not part of the Triangle so you won't find Fayetteville threads here. Threads about it go in the general NC forum. There are quite a few. Just do a search.

Here are a few:

//www.city-data.com/forum/north...-does-not.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/north...ubsection.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/north...ille-good.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/north...e-nc-area.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/north...etteville.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/north...ing-areas.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/north...eville-nc.html

Why are you thinking of moving if you own a house in King?

Old 01-23-2021, 10:18 AM

6,297 posts, read 16,089,036 times
Here is the crimemapping website for Fayetteville:

https://crimemapping.faypd.com/

Fayetteville may not be in the Triangle, but its crime events are regularly covered by Triangle media. I wish we didn't have to hear about them.

Old 01-23-2021, 01:38 PM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,721,860 times
You should probably post in the main NC forum. This is the Triangle forum.

Old 01-24-2021, 04:44 PM

926 posts, read 827,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
Here is the crimemapping website for Fayetteville:

https://crimemapping.faypd.com/

Fayetteville may not be in the Triangle, but its crime events are regularly covered by Triangle media. I wish we didn't have to hear about them.
Agreed, when I was in Fayetteville I thought it was stupid that our news in a city & metro of it's size was covered by Raleigh newscasters.

Fayetteville desperately needs and deserves its own news station.

Old 01-24-2021, 05:00 PM

926 posts, read 827,250 times
There are many threads about Fayetteville, but not in the Triangle forum. Unfortunately, the administrators have failed to give Fayetteville it's own sub forum, even though its metro is one of the fastest growing in the state (yet Asheville has one?)

Fayetteville is like any other typical fairly large southern city, it has great areas, good areas, as well as bad areas. I wouldn't say it'd be too much of a culture shock, as I am fairly certain crime in Fay is somewhat lower than W-S, even though they are roughly the same population. Its definitely a great city, and I absolutely enjoyed living there. Fayetteville is definitely busy, so if you want to maintain a quiet area, their are condos available in both inner and outer suburbs in the area, mostly in Hoke County, Moore County, and Hope Mills. If you desire to get a condo within the city, it would depend mostly on your price point. The city itself is blessed with a plethora of apartment options as well as constantly getting new ones in most parts every month. West Fayetteville, North Fayetteville, and the area around Raeford Rd / Robeson St / All American FRWY are typically where most of the city itself is seeing it's boom that has large numbers of apartment communities, and are all great areas with somewhat low crime. I lived in Hope Mills and absolutely loved it.

Old 01-24-2021, 07:20 PM

2,110 posts, read 2,723,610 times
I work in Fayetteville and have no problems at all with it.
I actually quit my job in Raleigh to go to work there to get
out of Raleigh. One of the best choices I've ever made!

Old 01-25-2021, 11:01 AM

376 posts, read 653,112 times
Don't know too much but beware off the cuff "Fayettenam" or "Fayeteville is crap" gut reactions from people.

Because of the base, Fort Bragg, it can have a very transient population, meaning hard to have long term friends or I heard from a pastor to build up a big church congregation.

Cousin of mine lives in Hope Mills (stationed at Bragg), seems like an ordinary suburb. It won't be as high-educated and more crime than Raleigh, but a lot cheaper. Lots of civilians and civilian jobs as well at Bragg, not everyone these is enlisted.

Old 01-25-2021, 04:48 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,525,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer705 View Post
Unfortunately, the administrators have failed to give Fayetteville it's own sub forum, even though its metro is one of the fastest growing in the state (yet Asheville has one?)
No, Asheville does not have its own sub-forum. It's Western NC, which is a very large, diverse region and is MUCH MORE than just Asheville.

However, I do agree that Fayetteville probably deserves a sub-forum.

Old 02-03-2021, 03:53 PM

8 posts, read 13,909 times
Thank you all for replying!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina