Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2021, 10:46 AM

37,881 posts, read 41,948,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceTheExplorer View Post
^^^ Funny how people see “In God We Trust” being a problem that needs to be addressed - but not the content on their heavily filtered and censored social media accounts and media outlets, or the mind and media control devices entering into their homes now.

“We have a problem with license plates ... but not with the world’s most powerful and wealthy individuals (Bezos, Zuckerberg and such) and their deeply rooted control over every aspect of our lives now.” Makes total sense.

Just goes to show how disconnected and irrational the though process is today. Very sad to see that this is the reality of many out there these days.
Did the person you're responding to indicate they didn't care about that issue as well? They also said nothing about cancer so I guess they're fine with that also.

You seem to have made quite the leap here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2021, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbritt098765 View Post
You could have the BLM fist and text that reads "F*ck white people" on your license plate, rear window or tattooed on your face and as long as you keep to yourself and don't try to physically harm me or damage private property I couldn't care less.
I'm Black, in support of the BLM movement, and would be absolutely outraged if that were sanctioned as an option for state-issued license plates. And not just because BLM cares more about White victims of police brutality than the All Lives Matter crowd either.

Old 02-08-2021, 11:06 AM

Quote:
I agree, but find it ironic that those who preach acceptance and tolerance to those around them are so hypocritical and trying to erase everything that their intolerant and unaccepting of.

Seems more of a “trying to win the fight” power trip versus something that contributes anything of substance towards the greater good of our society.

There’s no explanations of this that will ever register with me. I’m a man that can let a lot of things that I see on a regular basis roll off my shoulders, and can rationalize normal versus abnormal behavior while doing so.

It’s called being an adult versus a bratty child trying to always get their way, but I know many these days can’t cope with anything outside of their cell phones and social media feeds.
"Our new government is founded upon exactly the opposite idea; its foundations are laid, its corner-stone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery subordination to the superior race is his natural and normal condition. This, our new government, is the first, in the history of the world, based upon this great physical, philosophical, and moral truth."

--March 21, 1861, Cornerstone Speech, Confederate Vice President Alexander H. Stephens

That whole war that happened that the flag under discussion is associated with? This is what it was ultimately about.

For the descendants of enslaved Africans, the governments to which we pay taxes have no business sanctioning a symbol representing such a reprehensible ideal that advocates our total and complete subjugation on anything issued by those governments.

And yeah, this move is very much representative of trying to win the fight because people kept fighting this war well after 1865.

Glad my side is winning now. Sorry not sorry.

Old 02-08-2021, 01:26 PM

902 posts, read 808,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
... this move is very much representative of trying to win the fight because people kept fighting this war well after 1865.
Growing up and being a functioning adult means looking at things from a rational standpoint. Your side wins NADA for having an insignificant flag removed from an (even more) insignificant license plate. No-one would have probably even noticed if the OP hadn’t brought it up.

What it DOES show is that there’s a lot of people out there who THINK they’re making a difference when they’re simply angry and bored, and with nothing of substance in their lives like working, raising families, contributing to society and such to be focused on.

Keep thinking you’re solving the woes of society and how people view others with the changing of a license plate. Maybe check back in 20 years and tell us how that worked out - but I already know how it will.

In the meantime, back to your social media feeds and reality TV shows in-between chasing down license plates as real men and women have real work to go do.

Good luck.

Last edited by VinceTheExplorer; 02-08-2021 at 01:41 PM..

Old 02-08-2021, 05:42 PM

873 posts, read 1,016,885 times
Quote:
Growing up and being a functioning adult means looking at things from a rational standpoint. Your side wins NADA for having an insignificant flag removed from an (even more) insignificant license plate. No-one would have probably even noticed if the OP hadn’t brought it up.

What it DOES show is that there’s a lot of people out there who THINK they’re making a difference when they’re simply angry and bored, and with nothing of substance in their lives like working, raising families, contributing to society and such to be focused on.

Keep thinking you’re solving the woes of society and how people view others with the changing of a license plate. Maybe check back in 20 years and tell us how that worked out - but I already know how it will.

In the meantime, back to your social media feeds and reality TV shows in-between chasing down license plates as real men and women have real work to go do.

Good luck.
So, you're now casting aspersions on those of us supporting the Confederate flag ban on license plates as being "simply angry and bored, and with nothing of substance in their lives like working, raising families, contributing to society and such to be focused on." You really think that people aren't able to have this stance and work and raise a family at the same time and aren't "real men and women"? And you're already certain that you know how people will view each other in 20 years as well?

If anything, these comments has taught us all more about you as a person and how you project your feelings about yourself onto others on this forum. For those of us not "simply angry and bored" like yourself, as I said before, we'll be pursuing other social justice activities like this and working and raising families as the same time.

Old 02-08-2021, 08:16 PM

Quote:

Good luck.
The only one here claiming that removing the Confederate flag symbol from SCV specialty plates is going to usher in an era of world peace is you. It wasn't at all a heavy life on the part of the state but the fact that it bothers you this much is more than enough of a win for me. This one small move is occurring as part of a broader movement to get the traitorous Confederacy totally and completely out of America's system.

It's ironic that you accuse others of being unemployed children consumed with social media when you are the one posting the most here by far. You're mad as hell and you're going to be the best keyboard warrior you can be and let the world know it. That's dedication if nothing else.

And you didn't get the memo? We don't have to chase down cars to check their state-issued license plates anymore. The state took care of that and I'm glad because gas is too high and I have enough speeding tickets as it is to keep ripping and running up and down I-85 and I-95 and telling neo-Confederates about what horrible people they are.

Oh well...let me get some rest so I can rise early and report for work online in the morning since I don't have to do that highway thing anymore.

We're just winning and winning and are gonna get tired of winning at some point.

Old 02-08-2021, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
The only one here claiming that removing the Confederate flag symbol from SCV specialty plates is going to usher in an era of world peace is you. It wasn't at all a heavy life on the part of the state but the fact that it bothers you this much is more than enough of a win for me. This one small move is occurring as part of a broader movement to get the traitorous Confederacy totally and completely out of America's system.

It's ironic that you accuse others of being unemployed children consumed with social media when you are the one posting the most here by far. You're mad as hell and you're going to be the best keyboard warrior you can be and let the world know it. That's dedication if nothing else. no

And you didn't get the memo? We don't have to chase down cars to check their state-issued license plates anymore. The state took care of that and I'm glad because gas is too high and I have enough speeding tickets as it is to keep ripping and running up and down I-85 and I-95 and telling neo-Confederates about what horrible people they are.

Oh well...let me get some rest so I can rise early and report for work online in the morning since I don't have to do that highway thing anymore.

We're just winning and winning and are gonna get tired of winning at some point.
Funny how words bother you so much, and that you go around chasing cars and bark at people ... as it’s the same thing that an angry, unhinged dog would also do.

Telling others they’re horrible people when they’re simply free to practice what they believe (as much as you wish to do) and express themselves as they see fit (again, as much as you wish to do) is very hypocritical to say the least. <<<< Those who preach acceptance but are all so ignorant to anything other than themselves seems more of a fit, so keep chasing those cars.

Seems like you hate your own skin color to the point that you’re trying hard to erase everything around you that bothers you about it, while projecting your hate onto others (and license plates???). Well good luck with that and keep fighting that fight that you’ll never win ... even if you someway believe you are in your head.

I’m sure society has shown you otherwise and will continue to do no matter what you believe you’re “winning and winning and winning”. Once you wake up you'll realize that you were nothing more than an angry child and license plates were the least of your problems.

... and buying gas for my vehicles has never been of concern.

Last edited by VinceTheExplorer; 02-08-2021 at 09:31 PM..

Old 02-08-2021, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmoe571 View Post
So, you're now casting aspersions on those of us supporting the Confederate flag ban on license plates as being "simply angry and bored, and with nothing of substance in their lives like working, raising families, contributing to society and such to be focused on." You really think that people aren't able to have this stance and work and raise a family at the same time and aren't "real men and women"? And you're already certain that you know how people will view each other in 20 years as well?

If anything, these comments has taught us all more about you as a person and how you project your feelings about yourself onto others on this forum. For those of us not "simply angry and bored" like yourself, as I said before, we'll be pursuing other social justice activities like this and working and raising families as the same time.
Yeah, hopefully what they’ve taught you is that others have opinions too, which won’t be silenced just because they don’t align with your own, which seemingly sends you into the digital version of a temper tantrum.

It’s called “adulting” and runs rampant among highly successful types and not so much in children, so you may want to look into it sometime. In the meantime, good luck with your next life's work - like questioning gender or understanding pedophiles.

Last edited by VinceTheExplorer; 02-08-2021 at 09:39 PM..

Old 02-09-2021, 05:34 AM

873 posts, read 1,016,885 times
Quote:
Yeah, hopefully what they’ve taught you is that others have opinions too, which won’t be silenced just because they don’t align with your own, which seemingly sends you into the digital version of a temper tantrum.

It’s called “adulting” and runs rampant among highly successful types and not so much in children, so you may want to look into it sometime. In the meantime, good luck with your next life's work - like questioning gender or understanding pedophiles.
Derogatory name calling, ad hominem attacks, anger management issues and off-topic ramblings--yep, you're nothing if not consistent. I have no problem with people having other opinions than me. However, when they bully me and say flat-out lies about myself as constantly as you do with me in the sentences in bold--and with several other posters on here as well--then I have real objections to how low you sink the conversation. You're only showing your insecurities and inabilities to effectively argue your position. Give it a rest.

Again getting back on topic, there's a movement in South Carolina now to rid the Confederate flag on their license plates in the wake of NC's decision. South Carolina Democratic Minority Leader Rep. Todd Rutherford filed a bill that would ban the Confederate battle flag from newly-issued plates for members of the Sons of Confederate Veterans. Also, the Council on American-Islamic Relations, or CAIR, urged the Palmetto State, as well as Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Louisiana, Tennessee and Virginia to ban Confederate imagery from being featured on new plates. CAIR’s statement also references a 2015 Supreme Court ruling, which states that a state can reject plates bearing the Confederate flag because they’re considered speech by the government.

https://www.wrdw.com/2021/02/08/grou...federate-flag/

Old 02-09-2021, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Derogatory name calling, ad hominem attacks, anger management issues and off-topic ramblings--yep, you're nothing if not consistent. I have no problem with people having other opinions than me. However, when they bully me and say flat-out lies about myself as constantly as you do with me in the sentences in bold--and with several other posters on here as well--then I have real objections to how low you sink the conversation. You're only showing your insecurities and inabilities to effectively argue your position. Give it a rest.
And another rambling temper tantrum. Who again has anger management issues? Fits perfectly ...

Quote:
... there's a movement in South Carolina now to rid the Confederate flag on their license plates in the wake of NC's decision. South Carolina Democratic Minority Leader Rep. Todd Rutherford filed a bill that would ban the Confederate battle flag from newly-issued plates for members of the Sons of Confederate Veterans. Also, the Council on American-Islamic Relations, or CAIR, urged the Palmetto State, as well as Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Louisiana, Tennessee and Virginia to ban Confederate imagery from being featured on new plates. CAIR’s statement also references a 2015 Supreme Court ruling, which states that a state can reject plates bearing the Confederate flag because they’re considered speech by the government.
Again, none of which will make a difference. Thinking you can change society by erasing the things you dislike about it does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to change the inner workings of people. It only gives them a reason to give you a bigger middle finger through other means.

The fraction of a fraction of a fraction of unhinged people here will try to convince you otherwise, but not buying it.

Keep thinking you’re changing the world as you’re not. You’re simply showing your own level of hate, intolerance and ignorance. Good job.

Last edited by VinceTheExplorer; 02-09-2021 at 06:23 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina