U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 04:56 PM

746 posts, read 482,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppydog View Post
It is pretty mixed from what I can tell from election results, although I don't live there. The current mayor of Greenville is a Republican, but the mayor before that was a Democrat who got elected and re-elected three times.

If you live there maybe you can give some more insight. I think it might be a good fit for the OP. The area is definitely less left leaning than other places in NC like the Triangle, Triad, and Charlotte.
No haha, I don’t live there, I didn’t even know Greenville was in Pitt County.

I’m probably confusing it with Greenville SC, which is definitely conservative, but also nowhere near the coast.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 06:45 PM

12,111 posts, read 13,407,921 times
Pinehurst maps at 50 minutes from Fort Bragg and 1 hr from downtown Fayetteville (AIT is a big tech employer in downtown). That is accurate in my experience.

It's a pretty easy shot from Pinehurst to RTP (Research Triangle Park) or Raleigh, with many better jobs there. It maps at 1 hr 12 minutes to RTP, with tons of tech companies there including Apple coming soon as well as IBM, Cisco, etc, etc, etc. Downtown Raleigh has lots of tech companies too and maps at 1hr 14 minutes. So if you want to expand your potential job opportunities I would consider the Triangle.

You may very well find something with Moore County, though. A cursory glance shows a couple of openings for Network Engineers with First Health in Pinehurst.

Old Today, 08:41 PM

65 posts, read 33,332 times
Look into Rowan County, Stanly County
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina