Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2008, 10:53 AM

1 posts, read 2,559 times

Advertisements

My family and I are looking to relocate from WI - we have two daughters age 6 & 4. We love the triangle area - particularly Cary / Apex - visited twice in the past year. Getting our girls into a Catholic school is looking to be the deal breaker. All new applicants are wait-listed; putting us into the reassignment situation that the Wake Co public school system is experiencing. Some say look into the Triad area - others say Charlotte is the answer. We are working with relo folks in all three areas to try and gather information. But they send brochures to sell you on the area. I need to hear from folks who work and play in these areas. Are there advantages to one area over another?? I am an psychotherapist, my wife is in human resources. Please offer whatever input, good or bad.

We are looking for a down to earth, community-like neighborhood. We are wanting to escape the roughly 2.5% property taxes we currently pay, and tired of watching businesses leave. WI cannot seem to maintain business because of the high taxes. I also would like to be done with winter - 35 years of it. Gets harder every year to be satisifed with our home state.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2008, 05:16 PM

1,261 posts, read 4,272,002 times
There's a nice neighborhood here in Greensboro called Sunset Hills that has a Catholic church and school. I can't remember the name of the church/school, but it's located on W. Market St.

I don't know what you can afford in terms of housing. Most of the houses in Sunset Hills are pretty expensive. But it's a beautiful neighhorhood. I drive through there all the time on my way to other places and would love to live there.

Old 06-01-2008, 07:35 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,527,721 times
The difference with Charlotte and Raleigh over the Triad is more job variety options in these two areas . If I remember correctly the average home is about 6% higher than Charlotte. Both areas you will get less home and land for your money.
Both areas have wide selection of entertainment and recreational activities you can get involved in.

The triad wil provide you more home less of cost of living , taxes than the other areas and not as bad with school over crowding as you will find in the Charlotte or Raleigh areas. In my experience with dealing with people around this state other than eastern North Carolina I find the people in Greensboro more sincere, genuine and friendly. It might be because it has not been a hot spot for transplants due to job marke is very limited and tight. The plus side traffic is nothing no matter what time of day. Traffic in Greensboro is five cars at a light lol.

As you can see each area has it pluses and minuses. You really should explore each one to see which one you will mesh in better.

Old 06-01-2008, 07:45 PM

5,660 posts, read 27,004,370 times
Default Catholic Church in North Carolina

http://www.ncatlasrevisited.org/Reli...es/relfg2L.gif
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina