U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2008, 03:55 PM

1 posts, read 1,293 times

Advertisements

Hi, my name is Tammy, and me and my husband would like to move one time before we are too old too. lol J/K, but seriously, we do want to move. Anyway, my son, who just got married is going to be moving there, and we would like to travel along too, but we would like to stay out of the city life.

We are from an area of wilderness where we live, and we want to be able to know if you have any areas like this there. We love the idea of the Mountains and the Ocean, but what my husband would like to know is if there is good, not private, lands to hunt and fish, and what areas those would be in.

We would like an area that we have animals running around. We would like to know if it's anything there like here for hunting. My husband now can go travel a half an hour away, on the paper company owned land, and hunt for free. We were wondering if there are any places like that.

Now, my husband builds metal buildings here. He helps put together pole buildings, or what is called metal buildings. I would like to know if there is a demand for people with his skill there, and how hard it would be too find a job with that. Any suggestions with that would be great. As for me, I am a stay at home mom, who has a job she created that works from the internet. So at least my job is transferable.

Okay, and we wouldn't mind having a small farm with animals on it, as it saves the family a lot of money with food. Does anyone have any ideas of where I could look for that, and hopefully how it might be in an area where there aren't a ton of people running around at mock 90? **wink** I guess I really want laid back style with people who don't mind running around with the wildlife.

Any help would be appreciated, and if you live in one of these areas, or have suggestions, could you please tell me how expensive achieving something like this would be?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina