Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 05:54 PM

8 posts, read 26,947 times

Advertisements

my sisters and I are thinking of moving all of our families and we aren't sure which state is best for weather, jobs and housing. I have looked at much of the data that they have on the web, but I wanted to get some first hand information. my middle sister has a hard time with humidity, I know it gets hot and muggy, but is any place better than any other place down there? we are planning a road trip this fall...any suggestions? thx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2006, 07:21 PM

1,126 posts, read 3,853,646 times
Waxhaw, NC or Fort Mill, SC

Old 08-31-2006, 08:44 PM

5,660 posts, read 26,992,129 times
You're not going to escape humidity in either state, however the lower the air temperature, the more comfortable the humidity level, i.e. Northwestern South Carolina or Western North Carolina.

Old 08-31-2006, 10:52 PM

1,126 posts, read 3,853,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoAlley View Post
Waxhaw, NC or Fort Mill, SC
I give a suggestion and I get a red dot for it? Show yourself and PM me. You had a lot to say. Man up!
To the green dot givers. Thanks

Old 09-01-2006, 06:50 AM

73 posts, read 320,473 times
North Carolina all the way. I would say Waxhaw (NC) and Fort Mill (SC) among others are going to be like living in China within the next ten years. They will have to build floating schools on Lake Wylie to house the students. IF IT WERE ME (and I want to emphasize that part), I would live outside of the corporation limits probably on the west side of Lake Norman. You'd still be close to everything, but you would be away from all the BS of living in America's #1 hot spot. Plus, when NASCAR comes to town you wont have to deal with the sudden influx of people. That is, of course, going to depend on where you work also. Thats just me, Im a simple kind of man.

Old 09-01-2006, 07:03 AM

954 posts, read 4,376,403 times
Western NC or Upstate SC.
But Western NC is better.

Old 09-01-2006, 08:28 AM

3 posts, read 24,499 times
I'm looking towards the area of Waxhaw NC or Wesley Chapel. I'm from Jersey and have young children (5,6) so I'm also looking for good schools.

Old 09-01-2006, 08:43 AM

295 posts, read 1,297,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoAlley View Post
I give a suggestion and I get a red dot for it? Show yourself and PM me. You had a lot to say. Man up!
To the green dot givers. Thanks
OK, I'm an idiot, but what's a red dot and how does one give one? Is that what the "reputation" meter is all about? I see under a post where it says "rate this post positively" but didn't know there was an opposite mechanism on this forum.

Old 09-01-2006, 09:14 AM

5,660 posts, read 26,992,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samohtal View Post
OK, I'm an idiot, but what's a red dot and how does one give one? Is that what the "reputation" meter is all about? I see under a post where it says "rate this post positively" but didn't know there was an opposite mechanism on this forum.
//www.city-data.com/forum/about...er-system.html

Old 09-01-2006, 09:37 AM

2,356 posts, read 3,473,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry5 View Post
my sisters and I are thinking of moving all of our families and we aren't sure which state is best for weather, jobs and housing. I have looked at much of the data that they have on the web, but I wanted to get some first hand information. my middle sister has a hard time with humidity, I know it gets hot and muggy, but is any place better than any other place down there? we are planning a road trip this fall...any suggestions? thx

Sherry, my recommendation would be to determine whether you want to live in a city, a suburb, a town, or in a rural area. Then I'd determine whether I wanted to live on the coast, in the coastal plain, the piedmont, or in the mountains.

Determining those two things, IMO, is more important than choosing NC vs. SC. The only consistent statewide differences between NC and SC involve state government. NC has a better education system - particularly higher education.

In your case, if your sister has a problem with humidity, then stay away from the eastern half of either state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina