Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2008, 02:32 PM

1 posts, read 9,916 times

Advertisements

Hi there,
My husband, my little daughter (14 months) and I will be moving to Ft. Bragg this August. As we are not familiar with the area we'll need some orientation.
We would like to rent either a house or an apartment. The place should be close to Ft. Bragg. Max.15 Min. drive from Butner Rd.
We are looking for a nice and quite area. As I love to walk it would be nice to find something near walking trails, lakes, etc. And a playground would be super as my daughter loves to be outside.

We haven’t decided yet if we are going to take an apartment or a house. But these apartment communities with swimming pools and all the possible amenities seem very nice and convenient. Any apartment communities you would recommend?

If you know a nice location we would be very happy to hear from you. If you know places we should avoid pls. let us know!!
Here (Shape/ Belgium)we can just seat in front of the computer and look at the internet pictures but you know that what you see is not always what you get!! So if you know more, if you are very familiar with the area and would like to share you knowledge and information we’d really appreciate it.
This is going to be interesting as this PCS will be my first one to the US. although i've been to the States tons of times I’ve never lived there and I’m quite exited.
Thank you very much! We really appreciate your time !
Antofa

Last edited by antofa73; 06-25-2008 at 02:41 PM.. Reason: Need to add something
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2008, 10:30 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,795,786 times
Honestly, around Fayetteville you can drive down a road and see a good area, then a few miles later a bad area. Its one of those you would have to drive around and go with your gut. I know this is not much help, but it was the best advice we received when we moved here.

Old 06-28-2008, 11:05 PM

4,237 posts, read 24,773,298 times
Stay away from Bonnie Doone (Mike/Bragg), Shaw Rd, Spring Lake behind Carlie's IGA, Grove St, Russell/301 area....all are bad spots. Also have heard Southgate (Reilly Rd near Raeford) is a bad spot. Hope Mills is ok. Southern Pines I've heard is nice.

Old 06-29-2008, 02:44 PM

66 posts, read 285,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deez Nuttz View Post
Stay away from Bonnie Doone (Mike/Bragg), Shaw Rd, Spring Lake behind Carlie's IGA, Grove St, Russell/301 area....all are bad spots. Also have heard Southgate (Reilly Rd near Raeford) is a bad spot. Hope Mills is ok. Southern Pines I've heard is nice.
Hi,

Can't say much about the other areas, but Southern Pines is very nice. There are apt complexes near Morganton Rd and 15-501 and it seems like quite a few condos for rent in and around golf courses.

My neighbors in the village are both military and say the commute is about 15 min.

The local paper has some listings Front section of the Southern Pines Pilot

Good Luck

Old 07-22-2008, 08:11 PM

53 posts, read 205,194 times
Good luck with your move!

The area where we live - the northern part of Fayetteville/Cumberland County - is very quiet and close to post. The elementary schools are Raleigh Road & Long Hill and you can search Fayetteville MLS and enter in those schools as your search criteria. From driving around the area around Howard Hall Classical School seems nice too.

Old 07-22-2008, 09:33 PM

1,490 posts, read 5,983,892 times
Hope Mills has a nice waking trail and Playground area. Right near the library too.

Hope Mills, North Carolina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 07-24-2008, 12:23 PM

1 posts, read 9,744 times
I have moved from the Springlake and Fayetteville area. I do visit when I can and I thought that the area was

Old 07-24-2008, 01:56 PM

635 posts, read 3,091,971 times
Definitely not within your 15 minute drive criteria, but only about 25 minutes, would be to consider Sanford.

We have a huge military, specifically Ft. Bragg, population here in Sanford. Many find the slower pace, smaller town atmosphere, and affordable housing to be an attractive alternative.

Good luck!
Al
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina