Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 10:30 AM

19 posts, read 64,287 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of any bad areas in Statesville? We are thinking of moving there in the next month and I want to make sure we aren't looking in the wrong areas! They may look nice but someone who has lived there all their life will know a lot more about it!

Please help!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2007, 11:43 AM

2,314 posts, read 2,804,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cns322 View Post
Does anyone know of any bad areas in Statesville? We are thinking of moving there in the next month and I want to make sure we aren't looking in the wrong areas! They may look nice but someone who has lived there all their life will know a lot more about it!

Please help!!!!!!!

You will be able to tell. I can't comment to much but imo its pretty obvious

Old 01-22-2007, 05:26 PM
CJF

30 posts, read 175,573 times
South and West Statesville is rough.

I would look toward the east.

Old 02-05-2007, 02:18 PM

12 posts, read 50,144 times
Honestly, most all of Statesville is pretty rough but especially the South side.

Old 02-07-2007, 09:01 AM

90 posts, read 341,821 times
When You Say East Do You Mean Anywhere East Of 77 ? Is South Of 40 And East Side Around Exit 50 A Good Area? I Hear Thats Statesville School Do You Know Anything About Statesville School Verses Lets Say West Iredell School Or The Other High Schools ?

Old 02-07-2007, 10:16 AM

19 posts, read 64,287 times
I don't know anything about the schools except what I looked up on the Internet. You can check each school in all the counties to see what you like and dislike.

Old 02-08-2007, 02:53 PM

1 posts, read 7,165 times
I would stay out of Statesville, it's all gone pretty much down hill. My nieces and nephews have been to North & West Iredell and they both have big problems. Alot of factory jobs are there and its just old and run down. Look in Mooresville, its only about 8 miles south on 77 towards Charlotte.

Old 02-08-2007, 09:08 PM

16 posts, read 67,481 times
THERE IS NOT EMPTY BUILDINGS IN STATESVILLE! Dana plant is empty but it is being bought by Iredell Statesville Schools. the south side is a little on the poor side but is still ok to drive through not like you going to get shot. actually the road that goes through the south side is very nice. STATESVILLE IS NOT GOING DOWN HILL! Mooresville is way to crowded! and Statesville has better restaurants. With outback, lone star, red lobster, logans, chili’s, ruby Tuesdays, and some more. Has a better movie theater to!

Statesville is a nice place to live!

Old 02-08-2007, 09:10 PM

[quote=all 4 my boys;349273]I would stay out of Statesville, it's all gone pretty much down hill. QUOTE]

THERE IS NOT EMPTY BUILDINGS IN STATESVILLE! Dana plant is empty but it is being bought by Iredell Statesville Schools. the south side is a little on the poor side but is still ok to drive through not like you going to get shot. actually the road that goes through the south side is very nice. STATESVILLE IS NOT GOING DOWN HILL! Mooresville is way to crowded! and Statesville has better restaurants. With outback, lone star, red lobster, logans, chili’s, ruby Tuesdays, and some more. Has a better movie theater to!

Statesville is a nice place to live!

Old 02-08-2007, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cns322 View Post
I don't know anything about the schools except what I looked up on the Internet. You can check each school in all the counties to see what you like and dislike.

The schools are very nice. North, Statesville, are the better high schools. East Middle is the better middle school. Cool Springs is the better Elementary School.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina