Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 06:10 PM

543 posts, read 1,825,136 times

Advertisements

Great Pics. Don't forget to mention the development name or at least the town if you feel comfortable doing that.

I love how other than the color of the house wrap all of the developments look the same and you could interchange pictures of one development for another.

I'd take the new framing stuff anyday over a house of comparable value built even 5 years ago.

Engineered joists and truss systems are so much stronger than some of the older stick framing. Our house in MA was only about 5 years old when we sold but the floors bounced when you walked on them, lots' of settling of sheetrock, big foundation cracks and stuff like that. It was all stick framed. My opinion of course but I'm a fan of new stuff.

I didn't like that OSB that was being used for sheathing on our new house but after some research found it was just as good as plywood. Here's an interesting article on OSB, http://www.umass.edu/bmatwt/publicat...s_plywood.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2007, 07:30 PM

359 posts, read 1,838,462 times
Sean, from Franklin County, What kind of internet access to they have out that way. We are originally from Hampton and probably relocating to Raleigh area. But the blue ridge mountains still call to us now and then
My hubby would have to have reliable high speed internet for his job.
Thanks

Old 02-13-2007, 08:23 PM

3,365 posts, read 10,023,921 times
Default Falcon Ridge, M/I Homes, Charlotte

As per request devlopment is by M/I Homes, Subdivision Falcon Ridge, Charlotte, just off 160 approx 100 yards from the SC border.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingscotsman View Post
Our development.

Our Street

Our House

Old 02-13-2007, 08:51 PM

2 posts, read 5,184 times
Default Rosedale best place to live

just check yhis website
Moderator cut: developer sales link
everything around is just perfect
Attached Thumbnails
Pics of your devopment-iarna-feb-1-2007-north-carolina   Pics of your devopment-dscf4789.jpg   Pics of your devopment-dscf4977.jpg   Pics of your devopment-sunday-17-septembrie-2006-016.jpg   Pics of your devopment-dscf4215.jpg  

Old 02-14-2007, 05:37 AM

10 posts, read 36,148 times
Here's Davidson Pointe - Saussy Burbank. We had to get used to the idea of houses being close together, but we love what we have seen of this builder both in terms of the construction and their neighborhood development. We really wanted to be in Davidson. With a lakefront lot, the view is great and no one behind...the trees will stay. Big bonus here is that it's Iredell county so taxes are still great! Just ignore the date on the photos....the camera was not working....they were really taken Jan 2007.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics of your devopment-lot-view.jpg   Pics of your devopment-street-view.jpg  

Old 02-14-2007, 05:53 AM

889 posts, read 3,117,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW TO CHARLOTTE View Post
Here's Davidson Pointe - Saussy Burbank. We had to get used to the idea of houses being close together, but we love what we have seen of this builder both in terms of the construction and their neighborhood development. We really wanted to be in Davidson. With a lakefront lot, the view is great and no one behind...the trees will stay. Big bonus here is that it's Iredell county so taxes are still great! Just ignore the date on the photos....the camera was not working....they were really taken Jan 2007.
Love the lot.How fabulous! Now, did you pay a lot premium for having that paticular lot? I have seen these homes before and they are quite unique and charming.

Old 02-14-2007, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW TO CHARLOTTE View Post
Wow, I'm jealous. Been drooling over waterfront for a while now but it's not in the dismal budget, yet!

Old 02-14-2007, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikremlin View Post
just check yhis website
Moderator cut: developer sales link
everything around is just perfect

Howdy Neighbor, nice pics!

Old 02-14-2007, 07:58 AM

15 posts, read 78,494 times
Here is what I think will be the new development next to Villages of Rosedale
-- In the place where the barn is

http://www.huntersville.org/planning_submittals0506.asp (broken link)
http://www.huntersville.org/planning_ransonoaks.asp (broken link)

Old 02-14-2007, 04:11 PM

10 posts, read 36,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mvn2nc View Post
Love the lot.How fabulous! Now, did you pay a lot premium for having that paticular lot? I have seen these homes before and they are quite unique and charming.
They don't really price it as a "lot premium", but you have to build a specific level of home on the waterfront lots and it's already built into the pricing. Our best guesstimate is that we're paying 50-60k for "location" which includes Davidson plus lakefront.......we've talked ourselves into it from an investment standpoint....

our dream has always been to retire on the carolina/ga coast...somewhere betw. charleston and savannah.....we hadn't really thought that this move to charlotte would be our 'last'....but now we're almost thinking that maybe we'll be ok just staying right there on lake w/ the water and no hurricanes and the beach still an easy drive away when we want it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina