Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 10:30 AM

6 posts, read 17,875 times

Advertisements

Hey my names Dominique and this is my first time on here. I need some advice on good places to live that is near Ft. Bragg, NC. My husband and i are going to be in need of a house. He is currently deployed right now and i know when he gets back close to the end of summer i will be heading down there to see him, i live in Cali. He wont be able to take leave for a month after he gets back so we want to try to find a house before his leave, since i will be down there as soon as he gets back. So with out some place to live we will having to stay in a hotel and thats going to get pricey. we will start seriously looking online for houses to rent when it gets closer to him returning to the states. He has told me that he doesnt want to live in Fayetteville, cause the short time he was there he didnt like it and he says it has a bad rep. He had also heard that Spring Lake was nice, but thats all we know.
I have no clue exactlly where Ft. Bragg is and no clue of any cities or what not. So we would really appreciate if you could name of some. It would be of great help!! Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2010, 11:34 AM

983 posts, read 3,988,236 times
Ft. Bragg borders the city of Fayetteville. Spring Lake also borders the base.

Eastover is about a 20 minute drive to Ft. Bragg via I-295. It's a rural bedroom community....close enough to town it's convienent, but far enough away you don't have the aggravation of being in the city. It's in an excellent school district. And they're just good ol' country folk, but there's enough military moving out there, you won't be alone.

Old 03-05-2010, 10:58 AM

6 posts, read 17,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRoyal10900 View Post
Ft. Bragg borders the city of Fayetteville. Spring Lake also borders the base.

Eastover is about a 20 minute drive to Ft. Bragg via I-295. It's a rural bedroom community....close enough to town it's convienent, but far enough away you don't have the aggravation of being in the city. It's in an excellent school district. And they're just good ol' country folk, but there's enough military moving out there, you won't be alone.

ohh okay thanks. Are you saying its like living in the country? im not a city person but im also not, hey, my neighbor lives 5 miles away kind of person either haha. i need suburban areas.

Old 03-05-2010, 11:10 AM

3 posts, read 5,826 times
Hi. The Haymount area is really nice. More mature area...a little more upper scale but not really that pricey.

Old 03-05-2010, 11:22 AM

3 posts, read 5,826 times
Didn't include that the neighborhood is about 10 minutes from Ft. Bragg too. Please also make sure you visit the Fayetteville Police Department website to see the crime stats. Haymount area between Bragg Blvd and Morganton Road and Hay Street to McPherson Church Road are very nice.

Old 03-05-2010, 06:04 PM

983 posts, read 3,988,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominique21408 View Post
ohh okay thanks. Are you saying its like living in the country? im not a city person but im also not, hey, my neighbor lives 5 miles away kind of person either haha. i need suburban areas.

It's country living, but it's really the suburbs...with tobacco/cotton fields between subdivisions!

Old 04-26-2010, 09:55 PM

1 posts, read 1,962 times
The Moore County area is nice as well. We live in Southern pines and love it!

Old 02-07-2012, 09:11 PM

20 posts, read 35,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanneCrum View Post
The Moore County area is nice as well. We live in Southern pines and love it!
Hi was reading this post and had some questions about Southern Pines if you don't mind.

I am moving down with my husband this coming summer(june) because daughter, son in law and kids are being transferred to ft bragg. We looked online for some 3 br, 2 ba in a decent area for them, hubby and I only need 2 br, 2 ba. We also love Southern Pines Primary for oldest grandson(6). Question is, are there any decent apt complexes that you know of with 3 br. We found 2 we could like in Spring Lake but would have preferred SP. If you don't know the info that is okay but could you possibly point me in the right direction.

I am also not sure how to post on here. What do I have to click on, thanks in advance. Are there any areas in city-data that deal strictly with areas surrounding Ft. Bragg? Gale

Old 02-08-2012, 06:45 AM

106 posts, read 318,318 times
I live in SP and have a child at SP Primary so I can certainly back up your enthusiasm for the school.

Unfortunately, I can't speak to much to the specific apartment complexes as I don't really have anything to do with them. I do know that most of the newer, larger complexes are subsidized based on income. They look OK driving by, but I can't speak to much else than that. If you really like SP and want to enjoy living in a real neighborhood, there are a number of smaller apartment/condo buildings and complexes throughout the area near downtown. There are also quite a few structures that look like large single family homes but have always been (60-80-100 years) divided into units. I really don't know how you check out all these smaller places online, so I think it may be worth visiting for a couple of days to check things out.

Old 02-08-2012, 06:57 AM

13,373 posts, read 27,044,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaleSue1950 View Post
Question is, are there any decent apt complexes that you know of with 3 br. We found 2 we could like in Spring Lake but would have preferred SP. If you don't know the info that is okay but could you possibly point me in the right direction.

I am also not sure how to post on here. What do I have to click on, thanks in advance. Are there any areas in city-data that deal strictly with areas surrounding Ft. Bragg? Gale
Please look into renting a house (not an apartment) to find 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. Realtor.com lists 9 houses in Southern Pines for rent ranging from $950/month to $2500/month.

On this forum you can start a New Thread with your own question with the "New Thread" button near the top. The general NC forum really is the best place to find Ft. Bragg questions, as it is really outside the Triangle.

Last edited by goldenage1; 02-08-2012 at 07:12 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina