Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 08:31 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,984,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockjm View Post
Thought I'd share what happened to me today. NY is sounding pretty good right about now. Since I have been here - I have heard nothing but stories of women being murdered, crime, violence and cops not doing anything about it. Today I lived it! Today I got assaulted by a women with a tazer gun at a convenient store in the boonies! I work out there for a family care home providing community support for individuals with mental health isues. I called 911 and reported the incident. The cop informed me that nothing could be done. Well - He said I could go to the majastries office and file a complaint, but the people at the store probably wouldn't show up. He said the judge would look at it as a "he said, she said" incident and I would be wasting my time. It would be considered a misdomeanor and they do not investigate them. So - I was shot with a tazer gun (luckily I still have good reflexes and jumped back), called 911 and nothing was done. How cool is that? Never thought I would be assaulted by a cashier at a convenient store. Looks to me like everything I have been hearing about is true. Don't feel safe here anymore - Home is safe - Would rather be alive paying higher taxes with no job in NY. Thank You God for your protection today! My husbands coworkers told him to tell me I'm lucky to be alive. He said they could have shot me and got away with it!!
Why on earth would a store clerk assault you??? I don't understand the logic of a convenience store clerk assaulting you???? It would normally be on video tape I'd imagine?
Also, if this did happen without you provoking it, and as bizarre as it sounds, I'm assuming that's the case, then file a police report regardless of their "inability" to respond and hire a lawyer and sue the business. I wouldn't take that for an instant.
It just doesn't make sense and it doesn't sound....real.
If you went before Judge Judy, she'd say...this doesn't make sense. If it doesn't make sense, it didn't happen. Case dismissed. Not to insult you, but it sounds far-fetched...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2007, 08:26 AM

29 posts, read 255,550 times
If you went before Judge Judy, she'd say...this doesn't make sense. If it doesn't make sense, it didn't happen. Case dismissed. Not to insult you, but it sounds far-fetched...[/quote]

HaHa... Judge Judy would have so much fun with this case... I can hear her now "Madame!! You're nuts!!"
why on earth would someone post that cheesy story on this forum... I mean, I could post a bunch of bad experiences I had up in Buffalo, but who cares.. everywhere you go, someone is bound to give you some kind of problem... tasering isn't like a trademark of this area or anything...hahaha

Old 01-25-2007, 11:06 AM

218 posts, read 253,642 times
Thumbs down Complete Nonsense!

This story is absolute NONSENSE! MoMark is right! There would be some sort of video evidence.

If you were really shot by a Taser, good reflexes wouldn't have kept you from going to the ground. You would also have 2 barbed needles stuck in your skin that would have to be cut off with pliers like you see here.

http://ftaaimc.org/images/2003/11/2546.jpg (broken link)

The police officer also would have tried to find any witnesses, and would have wanted to see the tell-tale mark a taser leaves. He wouldn't have just said "nothing could be done". He would not call it a misdemeanor either, that is textbook felony assault.

And lastly, people with degrees in psychology would not slaughter the spelling of magistrate and misdemeanor

"He said I could go to the majastries office..."
"It would be considered a misdomeanor and..."

Find some other community's time to waste with your bull**** stories.

Last edited by Charlotte ePro; 01-25-2007 at 11:41 AM.. Reason: past tense

Old 01-25-2007, 11:30 AM

165 posts, read 884,124 times
I think Charlotte ePro got it right. Begone, el Goofball.

Old 01-25-2007, 05:08 PM

19 posts, read 14,713 times
That was going to be our last post in regards to what happened but since this is a good time to educate some particular people that feel they know everything. First of all, we do not know much about tazers being that we don't own one, although we have been doing some research on them because of what happened. We have friends back home who are Police Officers and between them and what we have learned off the internet, there are stun guns that do not shoot projectile's, this being one. We are not sure if they actually had to touch you with it or if it just shoots out a bolt, we are trying to figure that out. There was a very bright flash of light when it happened. The women may have used it wrong. The owner was the one who was being rude and the other women is who used the device. We are also going to report them and do what ever we can to pursue the matter. We just don't feel that we have to explain every single detail on this forum. As for people like Charlotte ePro and Ed&Betty, say what you like, you have the right to your opinion. But when you don't know all the details and think you know everything, you're actually the EL GOOFBALL. We are also sorry Professor for the spelling errors; we hope you give us an A on this paper. English and Psychology are two different majors, have you ever tried to read a Doctors hand writing. I wrote a lot of things that I should not have, (blowing off steam) and I apologized for it. We know that things like this can happen in any state. The fact is there is a North, South thing going on with certain people, that's why this has been such a hot topic on this forum. I think a nerve has been struck. That's fine with me, no skin off my butt. Yes I miss home and I wrote about it and this just added fuel to the fire. Like I said before, there are many other stories involving people that we have met that we choose not to get into. Some of these stories are even worse and when you add them all up you have to start wondering what's going on. People that are not from here should just be mindful and remember that if they leave the cities to be careful. We are going to leave it at that. (sorry for the 2 threads)

Last edited by Rockjm; 01-25-2007 at 06:11 PM..

Old 01-25-2007, 05:23 PM

58 posts, read 229,062 times
Your story sounds farfetched. I have stopped at numerous rural convience stores throught the state and I have seen no tazers. You make it sound like NC is a racist, judgemental, bigiotrist state is was back in the 1860s. Mabey the reason you never experienced crime in NY is that you were upstate, where no one is around. if you went into a city like NYC, or albany you would see people getting stabbed, etc.

Old 01-25-2007, 05:34 PM

212 posts, read 1,063,553 times
It sounds like they thought you were loitering, and clicked a stun gun? Not a Tazer which shoots two charged leads with overwhelming voltage. These stun guns have fixed contacts that emit a crackling noise with blueish sparks...they're usually cheap and weak. I've been zapped with these during informal self defense practice, and they are only capable of producing a static electricity type charge and involuntary muscular contractions at the contact point.

It is still mighty strange behavior at any rate. Perhaps they felt threatened in some way, I don't know.

Old 01-25-2007, 07:45 PM

19 posts, read 14,713 times
Quote:
It would normally be on video tape I'd imagine?
Also, if this did happen without you provoking it, and as bizarre as it sounds, I'm assuming that's the case, then file a police report regardless of their "inability" to respond and hire a lawyer and sue the business. I wouldn't take that for an instant.
Momark

Quote:
This story is absolute NONSENSE! MoMark is right! There would be some sort of video evidence
. Charlotte No pro

Not sure if you have read all the previous posts. But I (wife) DID contact the police. I actually had to call 911 twice because I was wondering where the cops were and found out they directed me to the wrong county. So - When they finially did arrive the cop told me it would be considered a misdemenor (did I spell it right for you Charlotte Nopro) You should change your name. And... that they would NOT investigate it any further. I also DID ask "Well don't you think they have a video tape in there? The cop responded, "They can erase it before the trial or get rid of it" "Your wasting your time" He then proceeded to tell me that I would have to give them (the store) my name and address in order to file with the magistrate. I told the cop "Are you nuts? You think I'm going to let you give the person who just tried zapping me my address?" To top it off, the client I was with did not want to get involved with the law. However, a police report was filed, as well as an incident report with my work. I have no $ for a lawyer and this is why I tell my story here. Just becareful, ok. I consider myself to be a very friendly and considerare person. I am NOT a liar and I do NOT appreciate being called one. So to all of you who think this is made up, So be it. Hey - I really do love Asheville. I begged my husband to move here. It really SUCKS that this happened. I am a women and was assaulted by one. I have NEVER been before in my life. It's a helpless feeling when your assaulted with a weapon, regardless of what kind of tazer/stun gun it is. So just be aware, thats all. Peace Out from the wife.

Old 01-26-2007, 07:12 AM

1,418 posts, read 10,188,973 times
From an electrical standpoint a Taser is the same thing as a stun gun. The difference is that one shoots projectiles and the stun gun does not. Tasers can be used as stunguns without shooting the projectiles as well. The effect of each is the same, so long at the voltage and amperage is comparable. The only real differences is that one works at a distance and the other you need to be relatively close. Each device needs to make solid contact with the target. Some stun guns and stun batons are even more powerful than tasers. Also, tasers are far more expensive than stun guns - about $350 more expensive; and you only get one shot, and then need to put a new electrode/air unit in it.

Personally, I'd rather have a powerful stun baton, they type that is electrified on the sides as well, in case the target attempts to grab it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina