Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 01:07 PM

3 posts, read 5,122 times

Advertisements

HI, IS SO WONDERFUL TO HAVE FOUND THIS FORUM. LAST YEAR FOR VACATION I DECIDED TO DRIVE TO MARYLAND AND VIRGINIA TO VISIT SOME FAMILY AND FRIENDS (I LIVE IN KEY WEST, FL.). SOMEHOW (THANKS TO A TOLL ATTENDANT ) I ENDED UP IN THE MOUNTAINS OF NC LOST FOR TWO DAYS BUT MY TRAVEL COMPANION (MY DAUGHTER 10 YRS. OLD) WAS SO HAPPY, BECAUSE SHE LOVES NATURE AND ANIMALS SO MUCH. SHE MADE ME STOP EVERY 10 MINUTES TO TAKE PHOTOS, WATCH PEOPLE RAFTING, LOOK FOR BEARS OR JUST TO ENJOY THE VIEW. WE SPENT ALL DAY TOURISTING UP IN THE MOUNTAINS. FINALLY I DECIDED TO STOP AND ASK FOR DIRECTIONS THAT'S WHEN I LEARNED I HAD 2 MORE DAYS OF DRIVING. ON MY WAY BACK AGAIN I STOP AROUND TO ENJOY THE BEAUTY OF NC. AFTER A YEAR OF PLANNING, CHECKING AND MONITORING (THE WEATHER) I CONVINCED MY SISTER TO MOVED FROM A PLACE UP NORTH THAT IS SO COLD IT ONLY GETS LIKE MAYBE A MONTH LONG SUMMER (NO OFFENSE FOLKS). WE'LL BE MOVING INTO A BEAUTIFUL HOUSE BY THE LAKE.
IT'S LIKE A DREAM COME TRUE, WHEN I LOOK AT THOSE PHOTOS FROM LAST YEAR IN FRONT OF THE SIGN THAT READS "WELCOME TO NORTH CAROLINA" AND I SEE MY SMILING DAUGHTER I KNOW THAT IS GOING TO BE OK. FORGOT TO MENTION I NEVER BEING TO NC BEFORE IN MY LIFE, DON'T KNOW A SOUL THERE, WON'T HAVE A JOB FOR A LITTLE WHILE....(I HOPE). BUT I KNOW THAT'S WHERE I WANT TO BE FOREVER ......

Last edited by MOVING SOON!; 06-24-2006 at 01:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2006, 01:20 PM

105 posts, read 622,514 times
Great to hear your story! Good Luck with everything!!!!

Old 06-24-2006, 02:16 PM

128 posts, read 641,393 times
GOOD FOR YOU!!! Never go through life wondering "what if ?"! Life is too short not to take risks.....truly inspiring story!

Old 06-24-2006, 02:35 PM

336 posts, read 513,753 times

Old 06-24-2006, 02:52 PM

31 posts, read 120,957 times
Default Me too!!

You are sooooo right about NC. I was there this week to check out some areas and I loved it. I have my heart set on Waxhaw. I'm in the same situation as far as employment, I'll probably not have a job right away, I'll have to look when I get there. My main reason for wanting to go in the first place is to try and get away from the high cost of living in NY, and to make a better life for my children. Good luck with your move.

Old 06-24-2006, 03:01 PM

1,261 posts, read 4,273,176 times
I don't know why, but your story got me a little choked up. I'm glad you and your daughter fell in love with North Carolina (how could anyone not?!) and are going to make your home here. I hope y'all will have much happiness here.

Old 06-24-2006, 04:23 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,720,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.S.
LOL!

MOVINGSOON!, when you post in caps, it looks like your shouting.
Good luck on your move to N.C.

Old 06-24-2006, 05:16 PM

132 posts, read 403,985 times
LOL the caps are too funny. I had to save that pic.

Anyway, that is sort of what happened with us. My boyfriend's parents were telling us to move down there last year and I didn't want any parts of moving south. After being there for 3 days, I completely changed my mind and now I'm the one, a year later, dragging my boyfriend down there. and we can't wait! We don't know anyone either and don't have jobs lined up right yet (though we have gotten some bites). We are just going to live off of our savings that we were going to use for a down payment on a house up here (which would not have gotten us much to begin with). Hopefully it works out for you!

PS I won't miss our snow shovel either.

Old 06-24-2006, 05:36 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,474,076 times
Nice story, I wish you the best of luck. Gotta go for it.

Old 06-24-2006, 07:52 PM

22 posts, read 77,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.S.
funny as hell. i need 20 characters so are these 20?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina