Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 05:05 PM

414 posts, read 1,376,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda93 View Post
Compared to the prices in Long Island it really is. I have a medium sized house. 3 bedroom, 2 bath and it's rather old. It goes for about 400,000 with no property. Where as when I looked at houses in North Carolina 2x the size and wayy more property about the same price.
I know its cheaper but its getting less cheaper by the month. Charlotte has about a 5% apperication a year on real estate. So you are getting less house for the money every month. Also it depends on where you look. If you are spending 400k you will get a nice size everything in a decent area. anything less than 250k its you are going to get about 3 beds and 2 baths and pick your area carefully.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2007, 05:09 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,308,959 times
Quote:
I'm not interested in those areas.
But your "criteria" seems to be merely cheap housing. What will you do when you leave Long Island? Do you have a position waiting for you here? "Personally, I hope you are moving for more than the "incredibly cheap" housing. It doesn't seem like enough of a reason to move. There is weather, cultural differences, etc. to take into account." - thank you gypsy.

Old 02-03-2007, 05:24 PM

11 posts, read 75,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm_mary73 View Post
But your "criteria" seems to be merely cheap housing. What will you do when you leave Long Island? Do you have a position waiting for you here? "Personally, I hope you are moving for more than the "incredibly cheap" housing. It doesn't seem like enough of a reason to move. There is weather, cultural differences, etc. to take into account." - thank you gypsy.
Yes, I replied to that. I'm sick of the crowds and the weather here. I can't take it here anymore. I don't like the area or the schools. I believe that is enough of a reason.

Old 02-03-2007, 05:54 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,308,959 times
Quote:
Yes, I replied to that. I'm sick of the crowds and the weather here. I can't take it here anymore. I don't like the area or the schools. I believe that is enough of a reason.
Well bless your heart, I guess you are stressed, dear. It must be an off day for you; I'll bet you're usually happy most days. 'bye and you be sweet now, hear.

Old 02-03-2007, 05:59 PM

414 posts, read 1,376,713 times
Quote:

I live on long island and you say you dont like the weather. What wrong with the weather? I can only speak for charlotte but the weather is close to LI and Charlotte has a lot of crowds and traffic. Its getting to be like LI each day. Obviously someone has instilled the wrong idea of north carolina to you.

Old 02-03-2007, 06:05 PM

11 posts, read 75,172 times
No, I visited North Carolina. The weather isn't as crazy there. I want to live close to Charlotte, but not in the actual city.

Old 02-03-2007, 06:24 PM

1,453 posts, read 5,132,785 times
Smile Moving to NC

Hi Amanda,

If you're considering the Charlotte/Union Co. area you might want to check out the school's websites. www.ucps.k12.nc.us (for Union Co) and www.cms.k12.nc.us (for Charlotte). Most of my clients seem to prefer Union County Schools.

Old 02-03-2007, 06:45 PM

1,417 posts, read 6,890,354 times
Some other areas you might want to look at that have very good schools are Concord, Harrisburg, Ft. Mill, and Clover (a little more of the "rual" feel you might like).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina