Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 06:33 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xam View Post
Dear Anifani821,

Thank you for replying to my post :-)

I will try to look at Creekside apartments as you suggested.

-Xam
Here is link:

Creekside | Home Page

Good luck, Xam!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2008, 08:44 PM

1,502 posts, read 4,083,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xam View Post
Hello everyone!

I just got a job at Brian Center, Hickory, NC. I was wondering if there is anybody here who could recommend reasonably-priced, safe and clean apartment complexes that I could rent that is nearby this area.

Thank you very much. Would very much appreciate any inputs re: this :-)

-Xam

The Brian Center off of Tate Blvd?

There are new apartment complexes (3 actually) next to each other in southeast Hickory behind the movie theatre.

Also the land behind Lowes and Walmart by Interstate 40 isbeing graded and there will be upscale town homes built there and ready to move in spring 2009 if you are interested. Rental prices between $600 - $1200 monthly. I got this information from hickoryrecord.com today.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:52 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_native View Post
The Brian Center off of Tate Blvd?

There are new apartment complexes (3 actually) next to each other in southeast Hickory behind the movie theatre.

Also the land behind Lowes and Walmart by Interstate 40 isbeing graded and there will be upscale town homes built there and ready to move in spring 2009 if you are interested. Rental prices between $600 - $1200 monthly. I got this information from hickoryrecord.com today.
Well, goes to show what I dont know about Hickory these days. The Brian Center that I was aware of was located near Old Lenoir Hwy and Geitner Road. But heck, they could have relocated 18 years ago and I would not know it.

Old 05-09-2008, 12:30 PM

2 posts, read 6,036 times
Default Rentals in Conover/Hickory

I found a few houses for rent in the Hickory Daily Record. We are moving to the area also and have found housing tough to come by.

Old 08-21-2008, 07:40 AM

1 posts, read 7,535 times
hi,does anyone have info on the nursing field in the hickory area .currently a practical nurse,would love if could get free to low out of pocket upgrade to rn any suggestions to start my search?relocating from Islip n.y. with husband and 2 half grown kids 18 and 21.oh,relocating to lake hickory/colleney springs.

Old 01-02-2010, 11:23 AM

1 posts, read 1,705 times
I was wondering if anyone knew of any realtor sites for homes for sale in the Granite Falls area. Thank you

Old 01-02-2010, 01:54 PM

4,483 posts, read 9,291,045 times
I sent you a message.

Old 10-31-2011, 07:50 PM

1 posts, read 1,152 times
Good Evening. We are being relocated to Hickory NC as well with my Fiance' job. What are good safe areas with good schools? We have 5 girls, two in college in PA, and 3 that are moving with us. Their ages are 10, 11 and 15. We are coming down in two weeks to check the area out and I have a call into a realtor to help us out as well...any other advise would be greatly appreciated.

Old 11-02-2011, 02:10 PM

4,483 posts, read 9,291,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C1277 View Post
Good Evening. We are being relocated to Hickory NC as well with my Fiance' job. What are good safe areas with good schools? We have 5 girls, two in college in PA, and 3 that are moving with us. Their ages are 10, 11 and 15. We are coming down in two weeks to check the area out and I have a call into a realtor to help us out as well...any other advise would be greatly appreciated.
The school districts are Burke, Catawba, Hickory, and maybe Caldwell and Alexander. Test scores and other information for districts and schools can be found at NC School Report Cards.

Old 01-08-2012, 03:59 PM

41 posts, read 85,480 times
Thumbs down ?? A bit sweeping...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Annie View Post
Yes. You need to be within 10 miles of a large city for employment. Like near Charlotte. Or do the commute, in which case you're better off staying where you are.
Not to be agumentative, AA, but this sounds a bit farfetched and sweeping generalization. IslandGirl said she got a mortgage while she is self-employed. There must be many options to explore. Kind of sounds like you are telling people to STAY AWAY!!

? Not sure why. Your advice just isn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina