Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 03:02 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,213,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marg66m View Post
Hi, I am moving to Mocksville, and I do fabric art....wall hangings, rugs, blankets, and bags. I am looking for others who do crafts in the Winston-Salem area.. I would like to get a group together and see what all we could come up with.
Hello mstw66m,

If I were you I'd start another thread asking your question under Winston-Salem section (see above) or ask if a moderator is able to move it for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2013, 03:07 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,213,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crafty4you View Post
In Fort Mill, SC there is a store called Birds of a Feather that sells on consignment and one called Crossing. There is also a large indoor Flea Market off of Hwy 160 in Fort Mill called Trader Marc's that has a lot of available space that draws some crafters, etc. if you are looking to purchase or set up something small on your own.
Since this thread has been resurrected from the dead I thought I would update the information above.

Trader Marc's is long gone (it is now home to Shutterfly)

Old 06-29-2013, 08:28 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,530,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marg66m View Post
Hi, I am moving to Mocksville, and I do fabric art....wall hangings, rugs, blankets, and bags. I am looking for others who do crafts in the Winston-Salem area.. I would like to get a group together and see what all we could come up with.
The first place you should go is the Davie County Arts Council. I see on their web site a juried fiber arts exhibition scheduled for Oct/Nov 2013.

Here is a listing of Fiber Arts Guilds and Groups in NC. There are several in W-S. You might also check with the Sawtooth Center for Visual Art in downtown Winston-Salem. Although it's primarily a teaching organization, Sawtooth could be a great resource for you. Another resource is Piedmont Craftsmen, a 50 year old fine craft guild with its office and gallery in the Arts District in downtown W-S.

Good luck with your move!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina