Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 07:32 PM

2 posts, read 2,932 times

Advertisements

We rec'd a notice from the NCDMV that my son's license would be revoked due to the fact that he had an outstanding seat belt ticket/Failure to Appear. He had forgotten about the ticket. We went to the Courthouse and paid the fines/fees and the guy at the Courthouse called the DMV with us standing there and told them it was paid and to release the revocation order. This was in March. Last night, my son was pulled over and the cop told him that he had a pick up order for his car due to the fact that his license was revoked. My son called me to come get him. I walked up and the first thing the cop said was "Who are you?" in a very rude manner. I told him who I was and asked if he knew if it was due to the citation, we had paperwork to prove it was paid and they hadn't revoked his license. We never rec'd any additional notification from the NCDMV that his license was revoked or that he had any outstanding tickets/warrants, etc. He wrote my son a ticket for driving with a revoked license, but didn't take him to jail, but had the car towed. He also searched my son and searched the vehicle with no probable cause. He didn't find anything on him, or in the car, by the way. The cop wouldn't even look at the paperwork and very rude and yelled at me that we would have to take it up with the DMV, but he was having the car towed/impounded. Why would they impound the car? We just had the tags renewed in April and nothing was said about his license being revoked, etc. The car is legal. New registration, insurance coverage, current inspection, everything good. Does this make any sense to anyone out there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2010, 05:17 AM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,731,477 times
Seeking legal advice on a public forum is an act of desperation I hope I never have to stoop to. Most people on the forum are in no way qualified to offer their own opinion on the weather, much less render legal advice. If you have a question, ask a lawyer or maybe even try the police.

lln

Old 05-23-2010, 06:23 AM

2,203 posts, read 5,085,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Oh was it first joint ever? I suspect not.

Either he uses or he doesn't. If he uses drugs then........
MJ isn't a drug, it's an herb...he's an herb user....the government likes to call it a "drug."

Old 05-24-2010, 11:54 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC~Mom View Post
MJ isn't a drug, it's an herb...he's an herb user....the government likes to call it a "drug."
That is a stretch, it acts like a drug on the mind, and it certainly impairs judgment. It is not the only "natural" thing that is illegal either.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:52 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,862,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC~Mom View Post
LOL, just following the logic here, then heroin users are not using drugs either, they are just using refined flower juice. And, how could I possibly be arrested for using corn in its' liquid form. Ain't sophistry grand!!!!

Old 05-24-2010, 10:18 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
LOL, just following the logic here, then heroin users are not using drugs either, they are just using refined flower juice. And, how could I possibly be arrested for using corn in its' liquid form. Ain't sophistry grand!!!!
and cocaine, opium
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina