Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 05:37 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,592,671 times

Advertisements

There's a supertarget in Apex, bust most people don't shop at it. For whatever reason they prefer the overpriced HT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2006, 09:03 PM

232 posts, read 728,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i'minformed
Seeing as Winn-Dixie shut down all of its NC locations, Food Lion is crappy, and Harris Teeter is outragously priced. I'd say yeah. Lowes is Good. But if they ever built a Wegmans down here, they'd put the other stores out of business.

Is Wegmans also in PA? Someone told me Wegmans was a great store

Old 06-09-2006, 10:25 PM

as mm34b's map shows. Wegmans can be found accross most of the Northeast, although almost half of its stores are in Western NY (Rochester especially)

Old 06-09-2006, 11:06 PM

Sams club has locations all over the country (well, all over the east coast at least). They have them in NC..... there's one in Raleigh off south Sanders street (not a great part of town) and also one in Cary (much nicer).

Old 06-10-2006, 04:00 AM

2,657 posts, read 8,033,385 times
Quote:
Sams club has locations all over the country (well, all over the east coast at least). They have them in NC..... there's one in Raleigh off south Sanders street (not a great part of town) and also one in Cary (much nicer).
Costco is moving in, there's been one in Winston-Salem for a couple years. I'd go there before Sam's if only to flip off the Evil Empire that is Walmart

Old 06-10-2006, 09:43 AM

91 posts, read 253,787 times
Thumbs up Made me SMILE

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckydog
And I love my daughter gets to experience this town...just as it was when her great grandparents were here. I take her to the same lunch counters my husband sat at, as a boy...to eat off the same menus (gotta have a vanilla coke, cherry coke, or fresh squeezed orangeade, with a grilled cheese, & then a thick shake, or ice cream) with the same cash register, counter & stools... & the same dang lady waiting on you still...and it's still for just about the same prices...that's priceless to me. And I'll be insisting she register her china at the same hardware store one day...I can only hope.[/i]
The above made me When people what to know why we are interested in NC, this is why. It's the QUALITY of life some of us are after...the above is a perfect example of that.

Old 06-10-2006, 11:07 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,830,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwing
Costco is moving in, there's been one in Winston-Salem for a couple years. I'd go there before Sam's if only to flip off the Evil Empire that is Walmart
Yep, Costco and Target. For some reason as soon as I go into Walmart I can't wait to get out and I could spend an easy hour in Target. The quality of garments are better also (I work in the apparel industry). They are made better and better quality of fabrics. Also maybe from working in the industry walking though the clothing section at Walmart, I can actually smell the clothes, just like a freash box of garments opened from India, eeeww! The hazards of the garment industry! LOL

Old 06-10-2006, 11:36 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,547,554 times
Quote:
There's a supertarget in Apex, bust most people don't shop at it. For whatever reason they prefer the overpriced HT.
I've only seen the HTs for some reason- where are the Lowes in South Charlotte/Matthews/Wesley Chapel, etc.

Yes, the HT was high priced but I guess it's the shopping "experience" you pay for. Although some stuff was on sale so you can get some deals ...

On a side note, I stopped at a CVS in Balentyne to by some cheap dispoable razors and shaving cream (hate when I have to pack my own stuff...always forget something...). I expected to pay a ~$2 for a bag of cheap bic razors- cheapest I could find was $4.09- yikes. But just driving around balentyne I can see things would be pricer there...

Old 06-10-2006, 01:39 PM

2,657 posts, read 8,033,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069
I've only seen the HTs for some reason- where are the Lowes in South Charlotte/Matthews/Wesley Chapel, etc.

Yes, the HT was high priced but I guess it's the shopping "experience" you pay for. Although some stuff was on sale so you can get some deals ...

On a side note, I stopped at a CVS in Balentyne to by some cheap dispoable razors and shaving cream (hate when I have to pack my own stuff...always forget something...). I expected to pay a ~$2 for a bag of cheap bic razors- cheapest I could find was $4.09- yikes. But just driving around balentyne I can see things would be pricer there...
http://lowesfoods.com/our%20stores/store%20locator/ (broken link)

I notice many stores are now going for the "market atmosphere". There is a Lowes .... I think it's in Clemmons ... where the front of the store is opened when the weather is nice. Gives you a shop-from-the-sidewalk kind of feeling.

We shop at CVS for prescriptions. It's as good as any pharmacy in that respect and you have a customer card to build up points for discounts .. or something. Plus (and here's where politics rears its pointy head) CVS is listed in Planned Parenthood as being a chain that has not gone all fundie toward birth control issues ifyouknowwhatImean

Old 06-12-2006, 07:40 PM

232 posts, read 728,720 times
MIker,

They are building a Lowe's across the street from the Harris Teeter in Village Commons/Wesley Chapel.

the Lowe's I shop at is at the Promenade on 16 and on 521 at the end of Marvin Road (off New Town Road). Heading towards Marvin and 521
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina