Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 10:36 PM

2,932 posts, read 7,825,031 times

Advertisements

I tend to honk people that don't signal. I've lived here my whole life. Gets pretty annoying most specifically when people are turning into shopping centers or neighborhoods. It also annoys me when people wait til the last second to go into the turning median and don't ever go all the way into the median slowing everyone down behind them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2009, 12:16 PM

1 posts, read 1,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehinnc View Post
A lot of immigrants drive as they did in their home country and don't know or can't care about the proper driving habits in the US.
This kind of attitude kills me and this is not the truth.

Most of the people that drive here, regardless of race and place of origin, are self-righteous and think the own the road. When driving from Cary to Raleigh, is rare to see drivers using their turn signals. Also, when I use MY turn signals, doesn't mean you should speed up to not let me get in front of you, and if I do get in front of you, doesn't mean you gotta tailgate me. Not even in California drivers where this bad...

Have a great day.

Last edited by havocman; 09-28-2009 at 12:29 PM..

Old 09-28-2009, 08:10 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,212,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by havocman View Post
Not even in California drivers where this bad...
You're right. Calif was far worse.

Old 09-28-2009, 08:38 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Missing signals and the double yellow means "go like hell" and don't let that oncoming hill stop you from passing..

Old 09-28-2009, 11:29 PM

693 posts, read 1,606,663 times
People may not use their turn signals as often here but they are far more polite than drivers from the NE. That said, I am from here and drivers here make me crazy. But drivers everywhere make me crazy (especially people from north of Virginia). That's because I'm the best driver.

Old 09-29-2009, 07:09 AM

692 posts, read 1,707,074 times
All cars sold in North Carolina do not have the turn signal option installed

Old 09-29-2009, 03:09 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,827,176 times
I don't know the geographic breakdown of non-sognalers, but I am quite certain that there is a high correlation with not signaling and yacking on a cell phone while driving...

Old 09-30-2009, 02:08 PM

335 posts, read 801,036 times
Turn signal usage is hit-and-miss where I live. I'm a NC native and I'm militant about using my blinkers, even when I'm alone on a country road. Habit, I guess.

We live near a traffic circle and it's always amusing/annoying to me to see that people never EVER signal while driving through one. Newsflash: It's still an intersection and people entering it depend on you to indicate which way you're going. It might be a non-traditional layout but that doesn't excuse you from signaling while you're in one.

Old 06-06-2010, 01:18 PM

240 posts, read 559,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by havocman View Post
This kind of attitude kills me and this is not the truth.

Most of the people that drive here, regardless of race and place of origin, are self-righteous and think the own the road. When driving from Cary to Raleigh, is rare to see drivers using their turn signals. Also, when I use MY turn signals, doesn't mean you should speed up to not let me get in front of you, and if I do get in front of you, doesn't mean you gotta tailgate me. Not even in California drivers where this bad...

Have a great day.
I know this is an old post, but what you said is so true I can't help to comment. That is exactly the same thing I have noticed about the discourteous people in existence in NC of all places (i.e. that they act as if they own the road and pull in front of you slowly.) Now, I am in no way saying you don't have this in other states, but from everywhere I have driven (parts of California included), North Carolinians are by far THE WORST I have seen for this kind of repulsive behavior. People down here also act as if they own whatever ground it is they are on. When you are walking on the street, these retards do the exact same things even with their bodies. At least with California drivers (speaking as if it were years ago of course), one thing I have found them to be considerably a little better with is letting you pass when you signal (depending on the instance.) When I say that, I don't mean San Francisco I know what you mean. Use of the turn signal is virtually non-existent here. Also, people think they are above the law such that they are entitled to run stop lights and signs all b/c they are too impatient to wait one second. I could easily give the finger to almost anybody in sight down here. One excuse drivers down here give for not signaling is that they don't want to let any drivers know their intentions. That has the be the dumbest excuse I have ever heard in my entire life. Doing something dangerous and illegal. A police officer can legally site someone for those things (especially when they pull in front of you slowly impeding the flow of traffic.) In retaliation, I have even passed some of those drivers illegally, and they were the ones to get mad. Go figure. It's always typical of the instigator to get upset that way. Tough actions for people who claim they are all about taking their time. If you ask me, they need to revoke the licenses from almost everybody in sight down here the worst way possible. North Carolina roads and sidewalks are not even safe to walk on anymore Great place my behind!

Old 06-06-2010, 01:28 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times
This only true in cities that the native population is in minority.
Some of the people who relocated from some where else dont read the DMV handbook.
Search how many hits the cheat sheets websites get. Search Cheat Sheet in this forum
and see how many matches you get.
In the native population I run into the opposite the over use of the signal. They just leave them on
or signal two blocks before they make a turn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina