Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 12:13 PM

115 posts, read 212,577 times

Advertisements

As the original person who posted, I have to say that I'm somewhat tempted to not visit EITHER of your cities because of the bickering that is going on! Please, stop the bashing. It's really not necessary. It's really nice to hear about what people LOVE about their cities, not this back and forth about a random statistic on schools/crime/urban sprawl etc! As I mentioned, the person who posted about her life in Chapel Hill gave me a fantastic visual and directly responded to what it is we're looking for. metro.m, urbancharlotte has brought PLENTY to the table and I appreciate his passion for his city. Please stop the bickering!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 12:19 PM

7,074 posts, read 12,338,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by portlandshaws View Post
As the original person who posted, I have to say that I'm somewhat tempted to not visit EITHER of your cities because of the bickering that is going on! Please, stop the bashing. It's really not necessary. It's really nice to hear about what people LOVE about their cities, not this back and forth about a random statistic on schools/crime/urban sprawl etc! As I mentioned, the person who posted about her life in Chapel Hill gave me a fantastic visual and directly responded to what it is we're looking for. metro.m, urbancharlotte has brought PLENTY to the table and I appreciate his passion for his city. Please stop the bickering!
Chapel Hill is a WONDERFUL town!!! You'll love it there!!! I honestly don't think Charlotte is your cup of tea. Good luck and best wishes!!!

Also, this silent rivalry has been going on longer than most of us have been breathing. It is difficult for someone like yourself to understand this, but Charlotte vs. Raleigh is one of the most heated debates on urban forums. You are not the blame so don't feel like you have to step in and stop it. I can promise you that the "fighting" may continue months after your visit. Even long after you have decided to come (or not come) to NC, this topic will still be going strong. Myself and MetroM have been the main two so far, but in our defense, THERE WILL BE OTHERS once we have stop. It is just the nature of this particular topic. Take it for just that. YOU ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE!!! Good luck with your search guys and I am really sorry about the fighting!!! I speak for me and MetroM on that one!!!

Last edited by urbancharlotte; 11-06-2008 at 12:52 PM..

Old 11-06-2008, 12:23 PM

2,445 posts, read 7,449,778 times
portlandshaws +1

I still recommend posting on either board to get answers to any specific questions you may have. As you see answers on the general NC board often get a tit for tat or one- up type response. As a native I may be biased but I think this is a wonderful state. We have 100 counties and three distinct regions, the mountains, piedmont and coast. I truly think you'll be able to somewhere that is right for you. Good Luck!

Old 11-06-2008, 12:23 PM

1,211 posts, read 2,674,315 times
Chapel Hill is very nice. Welcome to the Triangle.

Old 11-06-2008, 12:25 PM

1,211 posts, read 2,674,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCgirl View Post
+1

I still recommend posting on either board to get answers to any specific questions you may have. As you see answers on the general NC board often get a tit for tat or one- up type response. As a native I may be biased but I think this is a wonderful state. We have 100 counties and three distinct regions, the mountains, piedmont and coast. I truly think you'll be able to somewhere that is right for you. Good Luck!
No doubt about it. NC is a very diverse state. It takes alot of traveling in this state, because areas can be so different than others.

Old 11-06-2008, 03:54 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,273,258 times
Thumbs up Good Luck!

Portlandpaws,

I second the recommendation that you pose specific questions on the forums for Raleigh and Charlotte. There are a lot of great people on both boards who posses a wealth of information.

FWIW, posts asking wich is better (Raleigh or Charlotte) tend to fall of track because in the end neither one is truly "better" than the other as they are both great places to live and both have their pros and cons. In the end, all that really matters is what place works best for you. I think you are doing the right thing coming for a visit to the great state of NC to check things out first hand.

Good luck on your trip!

~ NRG

Old 11-06-2008, 04:25 PM

3,021 posts, read 11,054,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
FWIW, posts asking wich is better (Raleigh or Charlotte) tend to fall of track because in the end neither one is truly "better" than the other as they are both great places to live and both have their pros and cons. In the end, all that really matters is what place works best for you. I think you are doing the right thing coming for a visit to the great state of NC to check things out first hand.

Good luck on your trip!
I agree 1000%!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina