Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 09:22 AM

103 posts, read 899,787 times

Advertisements

Wilmington is a great place for single people, but yes, the jobs aren't very plentiful. It is the most expensive place to live in North Carolina, but it has the highest number of New Yorkers living here. It has been invaded by New Yorkers and the film industry. You might find many people you have a lot in common with since you are from New York.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2008, 07:41 PM

1 posts, read 3,967 times
Default Whatever you do

Do not move to Wilmington! It is so boring and there is NO WORK. I am from Philadelphia and at first glance, I thought Wilmington was really charming. It is nice to look at but the people are a hodge podge of nonsense and wait until you want to eat at a good restaurant or go listen some music. The options are so limited! Of course nothing is going to compare to a big city but Wilmingotn is NOT EVEN CLOSE. Do not listen to anyone who tells you it is, I wish I hadn't! I am planing a move to Raleigh ASAP

Old 11-04-2008, 07:53 PM

7,074 posts, read 12,341,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah789 View Post
Do not move to Wilmington! It is so boring and there is NO WORK. I am from Philadelphia and at first glance, I thought Wilmington was really charming. It is nice to look at but the people are a hodge podge of nonsense and wait until you want to eat at a good restaurant or go listen some music. The options are so limited! Of course nothing is going to compare to a big city but Wilmingotn is NOT EVEN CLOSE. Do not listen to anyone who tells you it is, I wish I hadn't! I am planing a move to Raleigh ASAP
This is a very old forum "hannah789" so I don't think the original posters are still reading. I will say that you should move to Charlotte if you want the best party town in NC. Check out me and my wife's youtube videos of Charlotte's night life. Raleigh is nice, but it can not compete with Charlotte when it comes to nightlife. Enjoy!!!

YouTube - urban charlotte

This is a normal Friday and Satuday night in Charlotte's Uptown BTW!!! Charlotte is also cheaper to rent and buy in than Raleigh too!!!

Old 11-07-2008, 01:14 AM

17 posts, read 56,977 times
Rank the cities here.

BEST NORTH CAROLINA CITY FOR YOUNG SINGLES?

Old 11-07-2008, 11:01 AM

1,211 posts, read 2,674,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanvas View Post
I just relocated two mths ago to Raleigh. I was originally going to Charlotte and there are times I wish stuck to my originally plans. I let a recruiter from an agency discourage me. She is originally from NC and dislikes New Yorkers. I applied for a job through her agency and called to discuss it. The salary range was within my range but did not want to give me the higher amount meanwhile I was taking a cut anyway. She said I am a money hungry New Yorkers and that all we do is come out here to live like Kings and buy homes that people from here can't afford and it's unfair. She called me a bumb and all sorts of names. I was shocked and if this is the sort of feedback I am getting I ran to Raleigh instead. I have been unemployed for one year in NY so I ventured out here in the hopes of finding a full time permanent job. I am going all out I can't be unemployed forever. I am an administrative assistant/legal secretary too and I have all the tech skills. I have worked in banks, law firms, financing, consulting firms and I hope I am in the right state. I like Raleigh though but if the right job is in charlotte I can still relocate. I don't like how Charlotte is so spread out though but the uptown area is definitely lots of fun for sure. Your age group is young and there was a special on Oprah a few mths ago on how this is a great place for single people but too bad the age range wasn't mentioned. I am 49 and still single but not worried about it. As far as physical fitness this state is it. I even get embarassed sometimes since I am not physically fit but I am going to start the gym. It's just that I have been very involved in my job search that I give it my all. It is ranked as one of the best places to live in work according to Forbes Feb. Issue of 2007 and I read it in other websites as well. I continued the research visited a few times, visited Charlotte as well.
They brag like crazy on websites and send out relocation pkgs to people. I have gone to employment agencies and I apply for positions on my own too. They have here in Raleigh though a lot of law firms too. I have some legal so I apply to them too. Wish me luck I need it. Otherwise, it's very nice to live here. It's clean, the downtown area has a so called good night life but more family oriented too and good colleges and Ballet Schools.

Good luck to all.
You're going to get the yankee hatred anywhere in NC. Ignore it, because the good people far outweigh the ignorant here. Good Luck!

Old 11-07-2008, 12:00 PM

3,576 posts, read 10,653,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metro.m View Post
You're going to get the yankee hatred anywhere in NC. Ignore it, because the good people far outweigh the ignorant here. Good Luck!
A hatred of New Yorkers is not necessarily a hatred of Yankees, just to be a little more accurate.

Old 11-08-2008, 01:27 PM

7,074 posts, read 12,341,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metro.m View Post
Dude please... You were banned now you're back as another name. QueencityLover!
Who is "QueencityLover" and why are you trying to associate me with a "banned" member? Your comments have NOTHING to do with this topic and should be removed... You are only trying to start trouble instead of contributing to the topic. I am sorry you don't like my videos but trying to get me banned is a bit harsh don't you think LOL? Why don't you tell me what you would like me to record in the future so I can win your approval!!! I always listen to a request from a fan...

Old 11-08-2008, 02:18 PM

2,742 posts, read 6,749,295 times
Charlotte's recent rankings on the popular Forbes' lists...

Forbes Best Cities for Young Professionals - #8 Charlotte, NC
Best Cities For Young Professionals - Forbes.com

Forbes Best Cities for Recent College Grads - #7 Charlotte, NC
Best Cities For Recent College Grads - Forbes.com

Forbes Best Best Cities for Singles - #18 Charlotte, NC
Best Cities For Singles - Forbes.com

Old 01-07-2011, 11:03 PM

1 posts, read 3,072 times
Wilmington sucks!!!! I recently moved here from NJ and I'm also planning a move to cary in July.. Don't get me wrong it's a nice little town, but the people here are a little off...maybe it's the small town america syndrome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina