Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 02:07 PM

3 posts, read 13,518 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

I'm looking to relocate to NC from Cleveland, OH and I'm considering Greensboro and Raleigh areas. I was wondering what is the gang activity like in these areas? I was told that it's pretty bad. Also, I was wondering about the better suburbs of each city?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2008, 02:33 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,153,963 times
Raleigh has gangs but not terrible like many other cities.

Old 11-16-2008, 02:40 PM

945 posts, read 1,971,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golsta01 View Post
Hello everyone,

I'm looking to relocate to NC from Cleveland, OH and I'm considering Greensboro and Raleigh areas. I was wondering what is the gang activity like in these areas? I was told that it's pretty bad. Also, I was wondering about the better suburbs of each city?

Gangs are a problem in Raleigh and especially Durham. The problem is growing.

Old 11-16-2008, 02:58 PM

316 posts, read 1,006,143 times
Quote:
Hello everyone,

Yes there are gangs.....but they are better then in most large cities. If you have decent kids and are involved in their lives, there is enough to do here to keep them out of trouble.

As someone from the Northern Ohio area, well....Raleigh is no Cleveland thankfully.

As for suburbs....I don't know of a bad one. Again, you can't compare the Cleveland suburbs (where there certainly are good and not so good ones) to Raleigh's. Here it's more of what you are looking for in a home area.

Old 11-16-2008, 05:31 PM

3 posts, read 13,518 times
Post Which location is better?

Thanks for the information about the gang activity in the Raleigh NC. What about Greensboro? Which City is better to relocate to?

golsta01

Old 11-16-2008, 05:41 PM

965 posts, read 4,498,840 times
Quote:
Thanks for the information about the gang activity in the Raleigh NC. What about Greensboro? Which City is better to relocate to?

golsta01
For Greensboro info, you might try the Greeensboro Forum. Good luck!

Old 01-30-2010, 09:48 AM

1 posts, read 4,565 times
Raleigh is fine but it's suburb Durham is bad Greensboro, along with Durham but not Raleigh is one of the nations top 100 most dangerous cities but it depends on where u live I wouldn't live anywhere in Durham but where I live in greensboros safe

Old 01-30-2010, 09:53 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gboro View Post
Raleigh is fine but it's suburb Durham is bad Greensboro, along with Durham but not Raleigh is one of the nations top 100 most dangerous cities but it depends on where u live I wouldn't live anywhere in Durham but where I live in greensboros safe
Do you have statistical facts to prove your claim or this just your opinion
being a newbie & all.?

Old 01-30-2010, 11:09 AM

206 posts, read 596,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gboro View Post
I can't take you seriously when you type like a 11 year old.

Old 01-30-2010, 11:25 AM

10,728 posts, read 22,813,762 times
Quote:

golsta01
Whichever one you get a job in. NC's unemployment is among the highest in the nation right now. You are planning to line up a job before you move, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina