Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 05:57 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times

Advertisements

This just a hypothetical question but If you was "kick out" of the North Carolina city that you currently live in what city would you move to next in North Carolina?

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 07-24-2008 at 04:47 PM.. Reason: clarified my intent
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 06:43 AM

3,307 posts, read 8,559,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
This just a hypothetical question but If you was "kick out" of the North Carolina city that you currently live in what city would you move to next?
So we're still staying in NC, but not living in our current city? Well I live in Raleigh now and might move to Cary (LOL, not too big of a change I guess). I honestly would want to stay around the Raleigh/Durham area due to my job and my wife's job. If we moved to say Charlotte, we would both be taking huge paycuts and what my wife does (Scientific research) is not really big in Charlotte, etc.

Old 07-24-2008, 07:37 AM

3,576 posts, read 10,655,777 times
My first option would be to return to the Triad area, most likely Jamestown again. The triangle would be my second choice. Beyond that, I'd look to a mountain city (Boone, Highlands, Cashiers).

If the only option was to go out of state, I'd look at places like Charlottesville, VA, Chatanooga, TN, or Greenville/Spartanburg, SC.

Old 07-24-2008, 07:57 AM

2,218 posts, read 3,452,784 times
Toronto..hands down. Its a remarkable city. Not unlike Charlotte, the people are friendly, its a cosmopolitan city and the variety of ethnic backgrounds makes it a fantastic place to live.

I still prefer to live most of my life here in the Charlotte area but if I HAD to move...Toronto, here I come!

Old 07-24-2008, 08:02 AM

518 posts, read 2,061,058 times
I'm thinking Montana or Alaska. Why not, it would be a 180 from living here. After one winter, I would probably want to come back, would I be allowed? Please!!!!

Old 07-24-2008, 08:20 AM

2,586 posts, read 9,102,327 times
I'm moving right now from Raleigh to Durham and would repeat that move many times over! If I were kicked out of Durham:
In-state: High Country or Asheville area
Out-of-state: Fort Collins CO, Durango CO, Denver CO, Portland OR, Bend OR, Seattle WA, Roanoke VA, Charlottesville VA, Annapolis MD

Old 07-24-2008, 04:46 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquastone View Post
I'm thinking Montana or Alaska. Why not, it would be a 180 from living here. After one winter, I would probably want to come back, would I be allowed? Please!!!!
What city would you move to within the state of North Carolina?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightAttendant View Post
Toronto..hands down. Its a remarkable city. Not unlike Charlotte, the people are friendly, its a cosmopolitan city and the variety of ethnic backgrounds makes it a fantastic place to live.

I still prefer to live most of my life here in the Charlotte area but if I HAD to move...Toronto, here I come!
Toronto is pretty and I always felt relax there except the evil slots lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by superk View Post
My first option would be to return to the Triad area, most likely Jamestown again. The triangle would be my second choice. Beyond that, I'd look to a mountain city (Boone, Highlands, Cashiers).

If the only option was to go out of state, I'd look at places like Charlottesville, VA, Chatanooga, TN, or Greenville/Spartanburg, SC.
Jamestown NC that is a very good choice I still sadden and amaze that the old Boy Scout Camp was sold there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterboy526 View Post
So we're still staying in NC, but not living in our current city? Well I live in Raleigh now and might move to Cary (LOL, not too big of a change I guess). I honestly would want to stay around the Raleigh/Durham area due to my job and my wife's job. If we moved to say Charlotte, we would both be taking huge paycuts and what my wife does (Scientific research) is not really big in Charlotte, etc.
You got it right Im looking for what other North Carolina city you would move to . Cary is cool I would like to spend time there and see what all the hub bub is about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp_az View Post
I'm moving right now from Raleigh to Durham and would repeat that move many times over! If I were kicked out of Durham:
In-state: High Country or Asheville area
Out-of-state: Fort Collins CO, Durango CO, Denver CO, Portland OR, Bend OR, Seattle WA, Roanoke VA, Charlottesville VA, Annapolis MD
Asheville is unique, I spent way to much time in the Mountains for the summers and I still feel burn out there to live there.

Old 07-25-2008, 08:48 AM

128 posts, read 453,036 times
While I love living in Raleigh, I feel like Asheville is the home of my heart. Country, mountains, a little culture, and a lot more quiet. Though now that my in-laws have moved down here, too, we'd probably be in a spot of trouble if we moved from the area!

Old 07-25-2008, 01:37 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,951,581 times
Cherryville

Old 07-25-2008, 02:28 PM

2,586 posts, read 9,102,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
Cherryville
You mean Churvul?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina