U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2009, 10:07 PM

253 posts, read 767,848 times

Advertisements

hey again!!! i posted about fayetteville, and getting good advice, but trail's gone cold....lol
i found on a map where the VA hospitol is in fayetteville, but saw a poster say something about their job with VA put them out on fort bragg, so i fo course asked about areas outside ft bragg....but just in case, what are the areas like around VA itself??? we see alot of rentals on craigslist that look beautifull, but hear about some areas as nice homes, still bad area. we dont want that!! we are not really looking at living in F'ville itself if can help it, we prefer quieter setting or in the country, but dont want to be to far from work. so any info on VA hospitol area itself would be great. mainly, we have kids, like elbow room, want clean, safe, quiet home, affordable rent(which seems to be norm there, which is good)
so if anyone can chime in..we are all ears...and taking notes...what streets/areas to avoid by VA????? what areas/streets are great??? what areas outside of town withen a short drive(under 30 min) to VA???that would be our first preferance.
have a good night...stay warm...hope you dont get what we got in snow/cold and ice here in east TN....brrr....
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 10:47 PM

983 posts, read 3,802,548 times
Well, the VA Hospital is on Ramsey Street. On further out Ramsey is Methodist University and not quite as congested beyond there. And it's not too far to the base to get to the PX.

Old 01-20-2009, 07:53 AM

1,490 posts, read 5,707,648 times
Go north up Ramsey St and there are nice apartments and some very nice subdivisions including King's grant and Greystone Farms two of the most expensive in town. You won't have a problem finding a nice place within a few minutes drive of the VA Hospital. You can go further out to find the country atmosphere. Let me know if I can help.

Old 01-20-2009, 03:09 PM

253 posts, read 767,848 times
Default faabala...? 4 u

Quote:
Originally Posted by faabala View Post
Go north up Ramsey St and there are nice apartments and some very nice subdivisions including King's grant and Greystone Farms two of the most expensive in town. You won't have a problem finding a nice place within a few minutes drive of the VA Hospital. You can go further out to find the country atmosphere. Let me know if I can help.
ty, you have been a goodsource of info, hubby wanted to know ur name by chance, he likes to see if he was ever stationed with someone over the years...feel free to PM. he retired AF (security forces) in '03, and seeing as you retired few yrs ago, who knows...maybe ya'll might have bumped into each other...lol
thanks again for the info on both post ive made, we are looking alot more at the sandford area that was mentioned...we are so impressed with the rental rates and nice homes you get for the money over there verses here.
you mentioned Goldsboro i believe, what did you think of that area if we was to think about it also??
someone mentioned that F'ville is "all" army, and that AF dont seem to count. your retired AF, how do you feel that has affected you? we ask because here in east TN, when you run into someone army, and they assume your army until you say AF, and they act as if your beneath them....I know each branch has their remarks to other branches...but we are of the mindset that they all fight the same fight so to speak, and we have family and friends in each branch, so dont get into the "we are better then you" game. so curious as how you find it there.
we truly miss being near the base, we miss the family atmosphere, after 20 yrs, military is your family, we miss the get togethers and stuff with other military folks. look forward to hearing back from you, and others in their thoughts of VA hospitol area, and outskirts, and thoughts of sandford to!! thanks!!

Old 01-20-2009, 03:51 PM

1,490 posts, read 5,707,648 times
I sent you a PM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>