Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 03:16 PM

7 posts, read 27,194 times

Advertisements

I live close to Burgaw, Rose Hill and Atkinson. Burgaw is getting busy and the house prices are really high. I don't really know to much about Rose Hill. Atkinson is a great little town with that southern charm that is hard to find today. Everyone is friendly and the little stores remind me of a time gone by. No its not for everyone, but if your looking for a really nice place for kids to grow up, getting to know and like your neighbors then its a place for you. As far as Pender schools I had two children attend them and they are now both at UNCW so Pender county schools did something right.

The thing I like most about Atkinson area is being so close to everything but still living in the country.

Burgaw 15 miles
Wilmington 23 miles
Wallace 25 miles
Elizabeth Town 25 miles
Jacksonville 50 miles
Fayetteville60 miles
Myrtle Beach 68 miles
Raleigh 83 miles

As far as someone saying that there is nothing to do here, Well I guess you have to live around here to know that there is a lot to do:

Cape Fear River
Black River
Beatty's Bridge scenic crossing on the Black River with river canoe tours
Wonderful Christmas Parade
Youth Center
Public Library
Monthly Antique Auction
Brand New Medical Center with a Dentist going in.
City water and Sewer going in this year
Low Crime
Family Pool and Game room
Moore's Creek Battlefield
Park
Walking, Hiking , Boating, Kayak, Fishing, Horse Riding, Four Wheeling, Hunting, Garden Club, All kinds of Social stuff each month.

Just because you drive through a small town and it doesn't look much don't make the mistake of thinking there is nothing going on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina